Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla updated my Tesla to HW 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my car in the spring of 2019. A few days ago I received a message that Tesla would update my FSD autopilot computer at no cost to me. My car had the HW 2.5. Today a technician came out to my home and installed the newer HW 3.0
Thank you Tesla!!!

• Funny
Reactions: powertoold
Yes I purchased it at the time of sale. But I didn’t realize they would upgrade to newer HW 3.0 for free. Now if they would just do that for HW 4.0 which becomes available in 2022.

Yeah, current FSD features require HW 3 so at least for model 3s, if your car didnt have HW 3 on delivery (like everyone who bought a model 3 before april of 2019), the swap to the new hardware is included in your purchase.

I asked the question and called it out because you didnt mention it in your first post, and the way things on TMC go, people would start to think that you somehow got a HW 3 upgrade for some other reason than the fact that it was included in what you purchased, when you purchased FSD.

It actually wasnt "for free" per se, it was "included with something you already purchased". Important distinction for those who did not purchase FSD but still think they are entitled to get HW 3.

Reactions: JBT66