Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla updates delivery timelines for new orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have now change the timelines for new orders and they have drop quite a bit compare to the old 12-18 month. But then the question is if they can keep them.

E0A34535-F718-4443-8EB8-9741B7317CDB.png

Is anyone worried about Tesla eventually having issues selling all the cars they're producing? Currently, they clearly are producing more than new orders (even though they claim they aren't actively selling the car). I can see them selling 4000 or so a week, but 6,000? 10,000? With the midsized car segment rapidly falling out of favor?

I also say this because while the early reviews of the Model S were absolutely astounding, rating it the best in its class, reviews for the Model 3 have been extremely critical. Not that I agree with them, my Model 3 is the best car money can buy :)

Yea something doesn’t seem right here. I reserved in February of this year. Does this mean I can get a LR RWD by August now? Seems way too earlier for someone who reserved super late like I did....or maybe they figure anyone who wanted RWD will have configured by now?

But this also means I should have the option to get an SR version sometime between November and May? I guess that still kind of lines up with what would have happened originally. Either way, a SR model 3 next spring would be awesome...assuming the loan rates don’t blow past 5% by then.

Last edited:
Yes that's right, there is just one continent in this world and only two countries in it. It does not matter whether other local eV incentives run out in other places around the globe or whether you are an avid fan who preordered early. As long as fed tax credit is maximised in the one and only continent known to Tesla - that is the first priority coz thats the market that matters.

The message to others; go get an MS if you can/wish-to & hey, you are free to claim back your deposit otherwise so what's the fuss about - don't forget we told you you will always be at the end of the queue.

Seems way too earlier for someone who reserved super late like I did....or maybe they figure anyone who wanted RWD will have configured by now?
Well, at 5k/week they can work through U.S. backlog in ~8 months. Seems some configurations will have higher volume/priority.
If they manage to increase output even more, this becomes more likely. With the lately reported numbers of 3.5-4K/week, all they need to do is add 3rd shift to get to 5-6k/week.

Well, at 5k/week they can work through U.S. backlog in ~8 months. Seems some configurations will have higher volume/priority.
If they manage to increase output even more, this becomes more likely. With the lately reported numbers of 3.5-4K/week, all they need to do is add 3rd shift to get to 5-6k/week.

I thought it was identified that they had already put on the 3rd shift?