TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla updates delivery timelines for new orders

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by vigge50, May 21, 2018.

1. vigge50

vigge50 Member

Tesla have now change the timelines for new orders and they have drop quite a bit compare to the old 12-18 month. But then the question is if they can keep them.

E0A34535-F718-4443-8EB8-9741B7317CDB.png

2. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Wow! Can anyone say "S curve"?

3. Muhammad

Muhammad Member

Is anyone worried about Tesla eventually having issues selling all the cars they're producing? Currently, they clearly are producing more than new orders (even though they claim they aren't actively selling the car). I can see them selling 4000 or so a week, but 6,000? 10,000? With the midsized car segment rapidly falling out of favor?

I also say this because while the early reviews of the Model S were absolutely astounding, rating it the best in its class, reviews for the Model 3 have been extremely critical. Not that I agree with them, my Model 3 is the best car money can buy :)

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

5. John Lamoureux

John Lamoureux l Parzival l

Fabulous. They’ve cut delivery times for new orders but extended delivery of existing folks who have configured out until July. :mad:

• Like x 1
  6. Alt*

Alt* Member

This is great news. Just put my reservation in!

• Like x 2
  7. vigge50

vigge50 Member

Maybe the want to push the 200k to July so that more people can get full tax credit and after that they will deliver in high numbers.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  8. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Why haven't timelines been updated for those who have had reservations in already? If I can order today and get one in 3-6 months, whereas I ordered 5 months ago and it still shows late 2018 to early 2019.....?

9. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Better just reserve another one now and see which reservation comes up first.

10. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

#11 ChrisH, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Yea something doesn’t seem right here. I reserved in February of this year. Does this mean I can get a LR RWD by August now? Seems way too earlier for someone who reserved super late like I did....or maybe they figure anyone who wanted RWD will have configured by now?

But this also means I should have the option to get an SR version sometime between November and May? I guess that still kind of lines up with what would have happened originally. Either way, a SR model 3 next spring would be awesome...assuming the loan rates don’t blow past 5% by then.

11. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

Only true if your view of the planet looks like this:

upload_2018-5-21_14-45-56.png

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. Jayc

Jayc Member

Yes that's right, there is just one continent in this world and only two countries in it. It does not matter whether other local eV incentives run out in other places around the globe or whether you are an avid fan who preordered early. As long as fed tax credit is maximised in the one and only continent known to Tesla - that is the first priority coz thats the market that matters.

The message to others; go get an MS if you can/wish-to & hey, you are free to claim back your deposit otherwise so what's the fuss about - don't forget we told you you will always be at the end of the queue.

13. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Well, at 5k/week they can work through U.S. backlog in ~8 months. Seems some configurations will have higher volume/priority.
    If they manage to increase output even more, this becomes more likely. With the lately reported numbers of 3.5-4K/week, all they need to do is add 3rd shift to get to 5-6k/week.

14. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

I thought it was identified that they had already put on the 3rd shift?

15. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

I must have missed that discussion. In the news I only saw the intention to do that 1mo ago.
    I thought would take them a while to add/train staff and make the announcement... what's the source of "already put on the 3rd shift"?