Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Upgrading Software to ‘Do Pretty Much Anything Via Voice Command’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon the Tesla Model 3 “will be able to do pretty much anything via voice command,” according to a tweet from CEO Elon Musk.

A few weeks ago Musk asked users on Twitter for ways to improve Tesla’s products. When a user asked about the addition of more voice control, Musk said it’s an area of focus for Tesla’s software team.

Musk said: “Definitely. You will be able to do pretty much anything via voice command. Software team is focused on core Model 3 functionality right now, but that will be done soon, then we will add a lot more features.”

Tesla drivers can currently use voice commands to access phone, navigation and media system functionality. The company also enabled the voice command “Ho Ho Ho” to launch “Santa Mode” as part of a recent holiday surprise.

What voice commands would you find most helpful?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't wait for a real socket in a car, that would be so handy for any working person, charge your laptop/screwing machine/name it while driving, or barbeque electric in any forrest you like.

You'd need a powerful inverter to convert from high voltage DC to AC for any reasonable load. Not technically impossible, but does not exist in the car today and would be hard to retrofit. For new cars - well, there's nothing to stop you running bits of your house from that, and then we're right back into the problematic argument - what's to stop people who have free supercharging from charging up, coming home, running their house, repeat ad infinitum. Even if Tesla was prepared to pay for the electricity, it would affect the battery life which is under warranty. While none of this is insurmountable, I'd say it's not very high on their list of priorities.

You'd need a powerful inverter to convert from high voltage DC to AC for any reasonable load. Not technically impossible, but does not exist in the car today and would be hard to retrofit. For new cars - well, there's nothing to stop you running bits of your house from that, and then we're right back into the problematic argument - what's to stop people who have free supercharging from charging up, coming home, running their house, repeat ad infinitum. Even if Tesla was prepared to pay for the electricity, it would affect the battery life which is under warranty. While none of this is insurmountable, I'd say it's not very high on their list of priorities.
I know that Mastervolt got serious inverters between 12 volt DC and 230 volt AC 50 hertz (Europe), even at 16 amps and even higher.
I also know that they are able to convert 360 volt DC to 230 volt AC 50 hertz, on top of that, the wires don't need to be at thick as with 12 volt since it's all high voltage low amps.
I know it's possible to do with a converter about the size of a laptop, possibly even smaller.

I don't think it's needed anymore.

With Full Self Driving just around the corner, we will no longer have to hold our steering wheels, so our hands are free to adjust all settings on the touchscreen.
Another big plus with FSD is that then we will be able manually scroll though the USB music tracks to get all the ones on a single compilation album to play without crashing the car. Actually, that also means that the driver could keep a small notebook of songs from different albums they like to hear in order and just manually select them one by one as well.

The future is bright indeed!

.... Actually, that also means that the driver could keep a small notebook of songs from different albums they like to hear in order and just manually select them one by one as well.

The future is bright indeed!

You mean sort of like the list of names and phone numbers I have written down on a piece of paper and scotch taped to the back of my smartphone so I don't have to remember people's numbers?

• Funny
Reactions: GraemeS