Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Used Car Maintenance Records

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone that bought a used vehicle from Tesla be able to get maintenance records prior to purchase?

It appears they only provide Carfax and nothing else. So, purchase is made based on just photos and Carfax?

Out of state vehicles are bought without test drives?

Any insights from owners is very much appreciated.

Has anyone that bought a used vehicle from Tesla be able to get maintenance records prior to purchase?

It appears they only provide Carfax and nothing else. So, purchase is made based on just photos and Carfax?

Out of state vehicles are bought without test drives?

Any insights from owners is very much appreciated.

Tesla refuses to provide those records to subsequent owners.

And it’s not because there are no service or maintenance records.

I got a CPO Tesla that was a total lemon and I suspect they knew that before re-selling it to me.

Reactions: AtAge19
I got the Service Center to help me. Ask them to blank out identifying information and give you the service records. It worked for me but it puts you at the whim of the Service Center.

The other thing I did was get the former owners info from the car and contacted them! Some of the cars have all of the info wiped but mine did not.

I was also able to find chain of ownership through vehicle registration/title. If you are determined, you can do it.

This is not an isolated issue pertaining to owning a Tesla and I have had to do the same with other vehicles as well. There was a murder of a television celebrity in California due to a release of vehicle information and address that has led to it being harder to get records. In this case it was not a Tesla...

Last edited: