Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Used Inventory Down 30%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets hope after the quarter ends and July kicks off the new one, fresh inventory will come.
This is exactly what others have said several times now over several quarters and not once have they been right. This is why I've been saying for a long time now that they have no idea what they're talking about. The data is in now and it can't be denied: Anyone who says that the numbers will go back up once the quarter is over is wrong. Period.

It hasn't happened once yet and every time the quarter comes and goes and nothing changes they all get real quiet and nobody admits they were wrong. They were though. If the numbers do increase (which I doubt) it will have nothing to do with a "quarter push" like I keep hearing. I even heard just the other day that they're not increasing the prices of used Model S/X to drive more sales of the Model 3 for end-of-quarter. ROFL So, which is it?

Bottom line: the number of available used Tesla Model S/X have absolutely nothing to do with what day of the week, week of the month or month of the year it is. Full stop.

I think we can all agree that Tesla used cars as a whole has no rhyme or reason..... It definitely makes it harder to pinpoint the goal, if there even is one. As someone looking for a used S I hope that more eventually show up, but who (even at Tesla LOL) really knows?

I think we can all agree that Tesla used cars as a whole has no rhyme or reason..... It definitely makes it harder to pinpoint the goal, if there even is one. As someone looking for a used S I hope that more eventually show up, but who (even at Tesla LOL) really knows?
This is exactly what I've been saying but some people on this forum sure like to make it seem like they possess some superior brain power and insight that the rest of couldn't possibly understand and yet here we are... quarter after quarter of the numbers not supporting any of their profound wisdom and "insight". lol

I'm also no having high hopes for this quarter restock thing being mentioned.

On the other hand I was sort of expecting a more noticeable used inventory increase with 2016 lease returns. Were there so few sold and everyone is keeping the cars?

Bunch of Raven’s showed up today on ev-CPO.com. But no real discount. I guess they are stocking in hopes of whoever wants to do a fast grab before tax money is gone.

There's a good chance we'll see a slight uptick now that Elon offered to let people return new cars within 7 days for any reason as a free "test drive" period. I doubt we'll see much of a discount in pricing though since they will likely sell anyway & my guess is Tesla's idea is they can get almost full price for one of these "demo" vehicles. Only the market will tell us if they're accurate or not.

There's a good chance we'll see a slight uptick now that Elon offered to let people return new cars within 7 days for any reason as a free "test drive" period. I doubt we'll see much of a discount in pricing though since they will likely sell anyway & my guess is Tesla's idea is they can get almost full price for one of these "demo" vehicles. Only the market will tell us if they're accurate or not.
Typically demo vehicles have never been titled and legally count as new. I wonder if these are titled (even if only 7 days) and returned, if that will change the new/used status.

Where are all the 2016 lease returns?? Did they all get an extension offer??? The dealers aren't getting them... Or are they more focused on getting the new units out? I would say the EAP refresh lease returns would eat away at new purchases???
That is what I am waiting to see. I am expecting a bunch of 2016 MX P90D coming off lease with 30k miles in the 65k range.

Typically demo vehicles have never been titled and legally count as new. I wonder if these are titled (even if only 7 days) and returned, if that will change the new/used status.
This could also potentially affect any tax credit ramifications so I wonder if there exists a way to completely undo the transaction as if it never occurred to all parties involved. I don't know the answer as I've never cared enough to dig into since I'm not in the market for a new Tesla but I'm sure people much smarter than I at Tesla know all of the answers to this one already.

Tesla told me a few minutes ago that people are not trading in their X's just yet, that most are waiting until next year....

I have owed two 2016 X's and I would never again. Way too many issues and the blurry windshield no thank you!

How can we confirm this? So did owners get extensions??? Also,. What issues did you have? I wouldn't mind getting one with the Tesla warranty