Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Used Inventory Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been tracking the used inventory on Tesla.com for a bit, and I can’t make much sense of their pricing. Does anyone have any experience with their pricing? Occasionally I’ll see some good/fair prices, but today I noticed this one that made me lose my mind. Did this 2019 LR X (5 seater) somehow increase in value?

Attachments

• 33425B75-D9B9-47EE-BC46-F8C3C8E72DAE.png
    33425B75-D9B9-47EE-BC46-F8C3C8E72DAE.png
    414.9 KB · Views: 148
Yes.
If you watch the used prices long enough, they often have a sawtooth pattern where Tesla will slowly lower the price $100 to $200 per day over the course of a week or two, and then suddenly raise the price back up $2k to $5k and then the process repeats until the car is sold.

Reactions: theothertom
I should have been
Yes.
If you watch the used prices long enough, they often have a sawtooth pattern where Tesla will slowly lower the price $100 to $200 per day over the course of a week or two, and then suddenly raise the price back up $2k to $5k and then the process repeats until the car is sold.
That makes sense.

What does not make sense is how a 2019 LRX, 5 seater, 20", black interior, autopilot can be priced at $91,200. Wasn't this $82k brand new?

In general though the prices on the used X's are a little nuts right now, I suspect because the new ones are delayed. There are many people who need to buy a car at a particular time, for example because they have another lease that is expiring, and if they want an X, their only option right now is used.

I am trying to get an X for my wife and wanted to buy new but after the recent price increase I decided to buy used, but as her lease is up in September I'm going to wait until the new X's start flowing again in hopes that the used X's go down in price.

I watched for about 6 weeks to find the model with the options I wanted, I ordered about 2 weeks ago, my ev-cpo email alerts are still turned on and I havnt seen a one with the same spec within $10 grand of my purchase price since I ordered.

Although I will add that when I talked to the used vehicle delivery department today they said "well its not really a busy time of the year for us right now"

Last edited:
What does not make sense is how a 2019 LRX, 5 seater, 20", black interior, autopilot can be priced at $91,200. Wasn't this $82k brand new?

As far as new pricing, this is an earlier 2019 build MX when AP was still optional. As equipped, this car new was probably closer to $90k or so.

However, it appears the used pricing may have been in error as the car is now listed at $75,900.

These used prices are absolutely blowing my mind. I've tracked Tesla prices pretty consistently for the past couple years. At the low point, one could have a 2016-2017 FSD Model S 75 for sub 40k with a 4 year warranty. These days it seems you are lucky to find one south of 60k.

Even the Model 3 prices are insane! You used to be able to get used Model 3's on a bargain. Sub 40k for Mid and long range cars with FSD. Today I look and I see 66k for a 2020 Long Range AWD with FSD. If I max out the spec meter for a brand new one, not even including any subsidies, it specs to like 60k. For the NEW one with longer range and all the refresh upgrades.

Are people that impatient that they can't wait a couple months?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-165706_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-165706_Chrome.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 66
They will remove FSD for a discount on inventory cars. Or, at least, they used to.

I am convinced I could sell my 2021 Long Range Plus 7-seater with 8200 miles on it for a decent "profit" (not including insurance or taxes!) right now. Of course, putting that money in the market last fall would have returned a heck of a lot more profit