Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I deal with the likes of Microsoft every day. A company that most would say is well established and not going away any time soon. Yet trying to get any of them to give you the time of day is like trying to part the red sea. Now I'm not saying you are wrong about there needing to be changes in areas. I happen to do all of my business through the Fremont factory and my experience is always stellar. The employees are attentive and extremely friendly, but I recognize that your experience was probably different. Yours is not the first complaint I've heard out of New Jersey.

As with all companies there is a proper chain of command. Elon is not the go to for sales or marketing problems. It's amazing that he interacts with the public as much as he does given the hours he works and that he's doing this for 4 very disruptive companies at the same time.

By all means, if you had a bad experience at a Tesla location or with a rep, report it! All large companies are going to have bad employees or even badly managed locations. But unless the right people are notified the problem will persist much longer than it needs to. And given the negative press that is often agenda pushed where Tesla is concerned, it might take more than one person's complaint to get the ball rolling unless you can provide compelling evidence as everyone is a bit suspicious these days. Call the main sales number and ask who the manager of that location is. Then ask for that managers manager. Be assertive but professional and you will likely find some closure. You can also call another location and explain your issue. They might be able to both assist you as well as pass the word along that all is not well. The issues you are having are not the norm, but people rarely write good reviews. But when they are wronged, they race to let the world know. And that's not bad. It's also not a fair representation of Tesla as a whole.

i appreciate your concern & advise. My experience comes from my husb being the CEO of a fortune 500 company. i have been in corporate life for 38 yrs. I assure you i know how to act & speak professionally. I also agree my experience with the SC might atypical, but i am also a good judge of a situation in a business setting. You may be correct...the place lacks good management. From what i observed any management at all was lacking. I visited the showroom over a 2.5 wk period several times a week..NOT impressed. My observations have Nothing to do with the car! If a startup/disruptor or for that matter any large corp, to be a success it must hit on all cylinders....this corp needs to improve in several sectors..that is all i am suggesting.

True confession, I had a horrible 36h that put me in a very nervous state of mind. I used to fly in and out of the SFO TCA a few years back, but I'm too high strung to enjoy that these days. Decided to remedy with a yummy Northern Chinese dinner with Wife.

But I had to drive Nicki through the nasty 24W->580W->880E maze packed with aggressive traffic to exit 880E at Albany. Without NOA I would probably have been too sweaty to just sit down and eat right after that ordeal. But I was too tired to fight, know what I'm sayin'? I just let the car do everything it wanted until we got off the Freeway. Wish I had a cabin video. Just right on. Merging across lots of lanes full of drivers in a hurry, picking the best lane, grabbing the passing lane then leaving it, letting some entering cars have right of way, accelerating and squeezing in front of others where appropriate. A forkin' work of art for a robot, and no question better than I could do under the circumstances. I accept that some people are calmer and better drivers than either of us, that's OK.

Yes, I want MORE. Always do. And I expect it from Tesla.That upcoming new V10 visualization looks great. I'm an engineer, not a commuter. But honestly, if what I have now had to be the end of EAP development, I'd say OK, good enough, who cares about Summon or anything else. And I'd consider every (pretty) penny spent on this machine completely worth it, 'cause Nicki and I manage pretty well as a team.

Last edited:
who cares about Summon
To me it has always seemed to have such contrived use cases. Things that for even the people that experience them it would be uncommon at most, which tends to lead to awkwardness in use when the situation does come up. What it strikes me more as is a conceptual peak to climb, "if we can do this what can't we do?" I guess as that it has some power, it just doesn't move me either.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc and ibGeek
To me it has always seemed to have such contrived use cases. Things that for even the people that experience them it would be uncommon at most, which tends to lead to awkwardness in use when the situation does come up. What it strikes me more as is a conceptual peak to climb, "if we can do this what can't we do?" I guess as that it has some power, it just doesn't move me either.

To me advanced summon is exciting because it is a testing ground for FSD features. Parkinglots are crazy crazy placed with people and cars and weird rules etc. If it can work there!

Its also kinda clever. They aren't allowed to go driverless on public property, but no rules in parking lots (except their company insurance has to approve). So they can gather data and implement new things within the current rules.

To me advanced summon is exciting because it is a testing ground for FSD features.
Yeah, that's another way to say what I was getting at. I'd rather they just did actual FSD though, because it isn't particularly translatable outside of solving its own problem. The road and the parking lot are two rather different environments, even in traffic like you find in mid-town NYC or such.

Reactions: jebinc and ibGeek
I humbly suggest you visit the FSD ordering page... since March of this year, Tesla has been advertising and misleading buyer’s to believe Enhanced Summon is already here, “Really”. To avoid clutter, I won’t post a screenshot as it has been posted here by others many, many, times. This is deception, sorry. Again, it’s okay to have a different view. We each shared ours, so no need to continue arguing about it - in an effort to spare other readers. Good night.
Actually, I took delivery Aug 16 and Enhanced Summon didn't show up on the website until about two weeks later.

Yeah, that's another way to say what I was getting at. I'd rather they just did actual FSD though, because it isn't particularly translatable outside of solving its own problem. The road and the parking lot are two rather different environments, even in traffic like you find in mid-town NYC or such.

Yes, they are somewhat different, but if you use AI to learn the complexity of a parking lot, I think that absolutely does translate. Don't hit stuff, weird textures, people walking in weird directions, cars randomly just sitting all over the place, signs to look at, road markings...I think all of this applies, and it is really the only way to actually try it out TODAY. That said, noa city, which is due any day now, will most likely be their current FSD stack, but with your hands on the wheel. So, its not one or the other, but the only place we get TRUE FSD for now, is on private property.

Hopefully we'll get to see both real soon! Elon believes noa city by end of year, so it can't be THAT far off (well, it could,but hopefully it won't be).

And it is going to need an entirely different data set for training.

Yeah, no doubt, but I think the learning from the AP team transfer directly and I think you'll find a lot of useful edge cases in a parking lot. I see it as genius way to get the ball rolling rather than a side track with no value, but until someone from the AP team comes out and tells us what their plans are/were, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. For true self driving, they'll need to solve parking lots anyway, so either way, not a complete waste (unless they eventually just through the current code base out I suppose)

I'm not sure when/if advanced summon will make it to canada anyway due to some dumb rules that will be slow to change. First to legalize gay marriage, last to allow me to control my car from my phone. Go figure. I will very likely get noa city before Advanced summon. I may die before they allow actual Level 3+.

i would just ask you one simple question...Are you a shareholder...your previous response to me makes me feel you are not! Shareholders want value , even value added as in great customer support, offered through the company for positive good will. Also a company that has systems in place and executes them well & consistently. So any improvements should be embraced not offered with excuses as to why not.

Reactions: jebinc
i would just ask you one simple question...Are you a shareholder...your previous response to me makes me feel you are not! Shareholders want value , even value added as in great customer support, offered through the company for positive good will. Also a company that has systems in place and executes them well & consistently. So any improvements should be embraced not offered with excuses as to why not.

Not sure if you are talking to me or not, if me...Nope, not a shareholder. This is also not a thread about company value either, so lets try not to merge the two eh? Tesla absolutely has stuff they should improve on to build value for their shareholders and customers. Nothing to do with V10 though, in my opinion.

If anything shareholders should be mad that Tesla is giving away stuff that normal auto makers charge for.

Do SC's have free wifi? if so Netflix and free SC = longer lines, It continues to blow my mind how many people sit and charge to 100%

The plan is to add WiFi to the Super Chargers over the next year or so.
Long lines are taken care of by the 30 minute rules in high volume stations.
Note that if you are directed to a SC as part of a route then you can charge for as long as is needed to get to the next way point.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve

I am a stockholder. Just in case that was directed at me.

My account also shows $3,000.

EAP->FSD still on sale?
Two ways to look at it. No, three. Count them blessings.

1) Usual delayed changes on the web site. And beyond.
2) Generously, Elon is giving EAP stragglers a chance.
3) It was an April Fool's trick or treat.

With any un-luck we EAP -> FSD upgradees will get the Pedestrian Warning sounds sooner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.