Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is actually very very hard to do, so patience.
i think the really really hard thing to do is pay up front 1,000’s and then have not much materialize over yrs of waiting.Personally I think that was putting to much confidence and trust into the car developer in the car I wait until it’s proven itself and then go for it. no matter what it cost even if it went up a couple of thousand it’s worth it
while I’m in early adopter with Apple products always have an always will be this is quite different and much more costly situay....

I think if the iPhone software updates were mainly emoji enhancements and didn’t address a lot of important bugs/ features, a lot of people would be mad. If you want to be taken seriously, when you hype your updates, they should be addressing more of the important features than fluff.

There are so many features (many safety related) that are still missing. Blind spot monitoring still sucks (there are some simple things that can still be done to fix improve this), wiper and fan speed control still requires fiddling with the touchscreen, auto wipers still are not great, phantom alerts / breaking is still going on a lot, there are still no improvements in voice commands despite Elon saying they were coming over a year ago, and more. I’d be hyped for any of those fixes.

I'm excited for YouTube and Netflix but it still remains to be seen if you'll be able to use this on the network or only on WiFi. If I can only use it on WiFi that will be pretty useless, I can't imagine sitting in my car at my house and watching a movie for fun but I can definitely imagine watching something while waiting at a charging station. Also hoping this update addresses dancing cars, I find it a bit embarrassing to take people out in the car and show them how awesome it is and how it can drive itself but "oh ignore the fact that van next to us appears on the screen as if its having a seizure, is tilted sideways and slamming repeatedly into us but ya, you should trust this system to drive for you" lol.

I'm excited for YouTube and Netflix but it still remains to be seen if you'll be able to use this on the network or only on WiFi. If I can only use it on WiFi that will be pretty useless, I can't imagine sitting in my car at my house and watching a movie for fun but I can definitely imagine watching something while waiting at a charging station. Also hoping this update addresses dancing cars, I find it a bit embarrassing to take people out in the car and show them how awesome it is and how it can drive itself but "oh ignore the fact that van next to us appears on the screen as if its having a seizure, is tilted sideways and slamming repeatedly into us but ya, you should trust this system to drive for you" lol.
WiFi only, is what is being reported. Enjoy all!

I won’t disagree that I’m a selfish jerk. I’m just tired of seeing all the charge-oriented entertainment getting all the attention, while the vast majority of the time most people spend in the car is while driving. That’s where improvements are more important in my opinion (which is the only opinion I care about, of course).

Tesla is very good at hype, though, and this sort of crap is good for hype. Once they have our money, we stop mattering to them.

It’s one of the many reasons I’m hoping someone else can bring out a product good enough to actually be worth buying. Tesla managed to turn me from being one of those foaming at the mouth rabid super fans to someone who really doesn’t want to be a future customer.
You sound like one of those entitled snowflakes.

It’s a double-edged sword. Aside from the mission, a lot of what drives Tesla is the innovation - basically re-imagining what a car can and should be. But when the engineers are driving the bus instead of the suits and bean-counters, it means they’re also going to do things that are amusing or important to them, even if that means priorities seem haphazard or whimsical compared to the industry or mainstream consumer demand.

Does anyone else remember all that talk about a Tesla car driving coast to coast without intervention. Hey I believed all that stuff. :rolleyes:

Does that make me an entitled snowflake too ?

Tesla wants new self-driving tech to autonomously road trip from LA to New York

"Our goal is, we’ll to be able to do a demonstration drive of full autonomy all the way from LA to New York," Musk said on the call. According to Musk, the trip would be "from home in LA, to dropping you off in Times Square, and then the car will go park itself."

Still waiting.......:eek:

WiFi only, is what is being reported. Enjoy all!
Rather than wifi Netflix I would have preferred to be able to play locally stored video. I am rarely waiting for any length of time where I also have wifi. On the other hand, I spend hours each month waiting for ferries.

I use an SSD for my Sentry recording. I have lots of space on the drive. I would like to be able to put some of my DVD rips onto the SSD and watch them.

Rather than wifi Netflix I would have preferred to be able to play locally stored video. I am rarely waiting for any length of time where I also have wifi. On the other hand, I spend hours each month waiting for ferries.

I use an SSD for my Sentry recording. I have lots of space on the drive. I would like to be able to put some of my DVD rips onto the SSD and watch them.
I suspect the “wifi only” is intended for people with ability to run hotspot tethering on their cellphone.

Yes they could view Netflix directly on their phone then, but this would be a bigger screen output.

You sound like one of those entitled snowflakes.

It's a valid criticism. Tesla is clearly more interested in adding new "features" rather than refining existing ones that desperately need attention. Sure, this let's you show off the new fancy features on twitter and it sounds good to a non-owner, but as others have said we all know there are improvements that are needed for existing features (specifically AP)

Status
Not open for further replies.