Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, the car has several bluetooth antennas and uses relative strength of each signal to "triangulate" your location.
I can see where that might be true when the vehicle is in close proximity but why would the very first line under “Smart Summon” in the release notes say “Smart Summon is designed to allow your car to drive to you (using your phone’s GPS as a target destination) ”

On vacation in Mammoth. Just updated app to 3.10.0. Also got the downward yellow arrow in the car stating a new update was available. Connected to WiFi and downloading it now too!

Thought I would have to wait to get back home, so thanks Tesla. Welcome to 2019.

RT

Reactions: Saghost
This one probably larger and took 40 or so on my 3.
I was in a meeting, and not paying close attention to how long it took.

I love that, by the way. I can be sitting in a meeting, and my phone buzzes: my car is asking permission to install new software. I tell it okay, and by the time I'm out of the meeting, it's all done. My old Honda never installed new features for itself while I was busy.

I was in a meeting, and not paying close attention to how long it took.

I love that, by the way. I can be sitting in a meeting, and my phone buzzes: my car is asking permission to install new software. I tell it okay, and by the time I'm out of the meeting, it's all done. My old Honda never installed new features for itself while I was busy.

Tesla Moment. :)

Might be worth expanding and adding to that thread...

Reactions: Richt and CharleyBC
Watching this thread, as well as TeslaFi. Has anyone confirmed any AP2.0 cars (with FSD) with the download? I thought I saw someone with release notes for V10 on AP2.0 translated from German on another thread, but I was also up too late to trust my memory.

There seem to only be 44 tracked AP2.0 cars on TeslaFi, and I have to believe a good number of those do not have FSD. According to it though, there are none yet.

:):):):):)
IMG_20190927_174939.jpg

NYC
HW3
FSD

Reactions: Saghost
edit3: Phone popped up a notification that apps updates are pending (currently 24 of them it looks like). Tesla app is included in the "download pending" queue so I guess I'll know in about 15-20 minutes.
So I finally got the Tesla app to install on my 6 Edge after about 40 minutes of updating all of the other apps on the phone. And it's still version 3.9.1. So I guess I'll have to wait until Google updates the app to 3.10 (I'm not going to sideload the APK file).

For anyone interested, I just verified this not 30 minutes ago. I went to a local mall parking lot and used Smart Summon. I positioned my self at the very edge of the range as indicted on the phone screen. I turned off my Bluetooth on my iPhone and the Model 3 came to me perfectly. I repeated the summon in the exact same place and turned the Bluetooth on my phone back on. I summoned it and it took the identical path to get to me. I changed the car’s location and tried it again. I turned the Bluetooth off as before and it summoned perfectly although one of the landscaping islands confused it for a little bit. It thought a few seconds and went around it and directly to me. I repeated the exact same scenario with the Bluetooth on this time and it did the exact same thing. Clearly the Smart Summon does not use or even need Bluetooth to navigate. Tried it one more time with Bluetooth off and worked fine. Actually forgot to turn Bluetooth on again and couldn’t get in the car.
Just to be clear, on the last trial, I turned the Bluetooth off and then moved my position to verify that the car was not going to the position it thought I was at before I turned the Bluetooth off.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, I just verified this not 30 minutes ago. I went to a local mall parking lot and used Smart Summon. I positioned my self at the very edge of the range as indicted on the phone screen. I turned off my Bluetooth on my iPhone and the Model 3 came to me perfectly. I repeated the summon in the exact same place and turned the Bluetooth on my phone back on. I summoned it and it took the identical path to get to me. I changed the car’s location and tried it again. I turned the Bluetooth off as before and it summoned perfectly although one of the landscaping islands confused it for a little bit. It thought a few seconds and went around it and directly to me. I repeated the exact same scenario with the Bluetooth on this time and it did the exact same thing. Clearly the Smart Summon does not use or even need Bluetooth to navigate. Tried it one more time with Bluetooth off and worked fine. Actually forgot to turn Bluetooth on again and couldn’t get in the car.

Cool - Thanks for the info !!! Were you parked between cars or in an open area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.