Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the living daylights scared out of me. The Android App update just came in, and when I signed back it, it said for a second, "[your car's name] is no longer on this Tesla Account." Then my car showed up as normal, only with new buttons to press.

Watching this thread, as well as TeslaFi. Has anyone confirmed any AP2.0 cars (with FSD) with the download? I thought I saw someone with release notes for V10 on AP2.0 translated from German on another thread, but I was also up too late to trust my memory.

There seem to only be 44 tracked AP2.0 cars on TeslaFi, and I have to believe a good number of those do not have FSD. According to it though, there are none yet.
A bit confused by your question. Since you're asking on the Model 3 forum, do you mean for 3s? As I understand it, all 3s are either AP2.5 or AP3/HW3/Whatever.

9-27-2019 6-16-43 PM.png

I just had the living daylights scared out of me. The Android App update just came in, and when I signed back it, it said for a second, "[your car's name] is no longer on this Tesla Account." Then my car showed up as normal, only with new buttons to press.
Yeah the server was down for a bit. Happened to a lot of people. Came back up after about 20 min and I was able to log back in.

Oh I am aware that everyone is waiting, I was just commenting on how there does not seem to be a true "priority" like that Elon tweet mentioned based on FSD being pre-purchased. Having the car for a year I'm aware of how long updates can take and am not complaining.

I also wonder if having Tesla-Fi enabled slows update availability, but have no hard data to go on.

I recommend that you do not believe what Elon says. Here are a few examples:
  • Elon said that Model S would get updates before Model 3s - Not true
  • Elon said that if you were an early adopter of FSD and spent $3,000 more than others, you would get an invitation to join the Early Access Program - Not true
  • I got an e-mail from Tesla when they released the Software Advanced option telling me that this was going to give me early access to new updates before other owners - Not true
  • Tesla then said that there was an Early Wide Access, which is nothing more than clicking the Software Advanced button. We were again told that early FSD adopters would get firmware upgrades before other owners - Not true
I was an early FSD adopter and have AP2/MCU1 hardware. If you look and the Firmware Tracker, you will notice that most of the updates are going to Model 3 owners. I believe that most of the Model 3 owners that received V10 have the latest hardware. If you own AP2/MCU1 hardware, I believe that you will get it much later than owners that have newer hardware. Why would Tesla want to send the update to older hardware when they cannot use most of the new features.

My hardware does not support:

• Sentry mode - I cannot save video to a SD card
  • Dashcam - My hardware does not support Dashcam
  • Lane Departure Avoidance
  • Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
  • Most of the new games released in the past year
I doubt that my hardware will support:

• Cuphead
  • Beach Buggy Racing
  • Tesla Theater - Netflix, YouTube, Hulu
  • Send URLs from your smart phone to your car to stream video
  • Karaoke
Here is what is on the Tesla Update Tracker:

upload_2019-9-27_22-55-47.png

You can see that there are no Model S/Xs with AP2/MCU1 hardware that received the V10 update.

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz
  • Elon said that if you were an early adopter of FSD and spent $3,000 more than others, you would get an invitation to join the Early Access Program - Not true
  • I got an e-mail from Tesla when they released the Software Advanced option telling me that this was going to give me early access to new updates before other owners - Not true
  • Tesla then said that there was an Early Wide Access, which is nothing more than clicking the Software Advanced button. We were again told that early FSD adopters would get firmware upgrades before other owners - Not true
I was an early FSD adopter and have AP2/MCU1 hardware. If you look and the Firmware Tracker, you will notice that most of the updates are going to Model 3 owners. I believe that most of the Model 3 owners that received V10 have the latest hardware. If you own AP2/MCU1 hardware, I believe that you will get it much later than owners that have newer hardware. Why would Tesla want to send the update to older hardware when they cannot use most of the new features.

• Cuphead
  • Beach Buggy Racing
  • Karaoke

View attachment 459987

You can see that there are no Model S/Xs with AP2/MCU1 hardware that received the V10 update.
I learned a year ago that signing on in spring 2016 didn’t mean squat when it came time to get a model 3. So i take everything with a grain of salt. However, when this dude makes a promise, i.e. progress towards fsd, 5k back to people who got the P3 last year, etc, he sticks to it.

The dude makes it happen. What my punk ass witnessed today, with smart summon, we are driving cars that are so far beyond the traditional guys, it’s truly mind blowing.

• Cuphead
  • Beach Buggy Racing
  • Karaoke

View attachment 459987

Pretty much spot on. You'll live a better and less stressful life if you put the words "We aspire to ... " before any promises Elon Makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.