Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank you for contacting Tesla. We are just as excited as you are about the Software Version 10.0 update

Software Version 10.0 update is being rolled out in batches and you should expect it to reach your car in the next few weeks.

When available, you will receive an alert to begin installing the update on your touchscreen. Connect your vehicle to a strong Wi-Fi network when possible to help avoid any delays."

So, no...they don't know when I'm getting it.

Roboreply

Also still waiting. LR AWD, currently on 2019.32.2.1. Mountain/SW region. I regularly check to make sure WiFi is connected. Per the Stats app, I’m one of 3% still on this version. I’m taking solace in that there are still a few of us not on V10 yet. .

Also still waiting. LR AWD, currently on 2019.32.2.1. Mountain/SW region. I regularly check to make sure WiFi is connected. Per the Stats app, I’m one of 3% still on this version. I’m taking solace in that there are still a few of us not on V10 yet. .

Same here. And in Boulder. And based on the date we both joined this group, I am guessing our cars were received about the same time. The chat rep told me that we would have it within a week.

I'd like to know how to access this double secret chat that everyone is referring to. I've tried every other contact method that I've found and I've only gotten robo-responses that say, when we are ready, we will send it to you.

In the meantime, my M3 (took delivery on 9/12) tried to download about a week ago, and when I woke up the next morning, nothing changed. No error messages... nothing. I've reset, I've powered down... no update. Any guidance from this group that I should try?

Still waiting. I contacted Tesla support to see if they would confirm if the software update notification will still arrive if the car isn't normally in the range of WiFi (e.g., apartment parking garage). Some posts suggest the notification only happens after the car receives the download. Other posts suggest the notification is only meant to let you know your car is ready to get the download, so once it arrives you need to go connect to WiFi and get it. Tesla Support replied, "We would recommend to connect the car to a strong WiFi signal to avoid any delays. Once ready for install, you will receive a mobile app notification alerting you to install the update." Thank you, Tesla for this ambiguous response. For such a forward-thinking company, this software update process is surprisingly lame.

Some posts suggest the notification only happens after the car receives the download. Other posts suggest the notification is only meant to let you know your car is ready to get the download, so once it arrives you need to go connect to WiFi and get it.

It depends on what version you are running. Older versions only notified you after it was downloaded and ready to install. In one of the recent updates they added the feature to notify when there is an update assigned to your car so you can get it on WiFi. (That notification can come over cell.)

Do you need to be hooked up to wi-fi to get the V10 update? I've gotten the previously updates on LTE. I live in an apartment complex and my car is parked in a parking structure so wi-fi at home is not an option. I already contacted SC a week or two ago to see if they could push an update to me. They said to wait. I just reached out again so hopefully I get luck this time.

Do you need to be hooked up to wi-fi to get the V10 update? I've gotten the previously updates on LTE. I live in an apartment complex and my car is parked in a parking structure so wi-fi at home is not an option. I already contacted SC a week or two ago to see if they could push an update to me. They said to wait. I just reached out again so hopefully I get luck this time.
I am in the same situation. Instead I connect the car to my phone's hotspot while driving and update that way. I've done my past 10 updates this way, works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.