Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you log into the tesla website and see that chat feature in support, if you are lucky someone might answer and you can ask them to push the update by giving your last six digits of VIN. That is what happened to me and 5 mins later our two cars were updated. These are basic cars not top spec models

• Informative
Reactions: KJD
It depends on what version you are running. Older versions only notified you after it was downloaded and ready to install. In one of the recent updates they added the feature to notify when there is an update assigned to your car so you can get it on WiFi. (That notification can come over cell.)

Thanks for the additional clarification. The car is relatively new (shipped to Honolulu last month). Currently running v9.0 (2019.32.2.2 da05838). I was notified about that software update while the car wasn't near WiFi, but it was within a few hours after leaving the service center where I picked up the car, so I'm assuming it was received during its stay at the service center.

I still don't have this update. Should I be worried that I am not getting it? Anxious to try Spotify.

I feel the same way. Imagine if Apple rolled out updates like this to the iPhone. o_O I also want to see if the dancing cars go away, as some other folks have mentioned they saw huge improvement. I have buses doing 360s around my car all the time. It startles me every time it happens.

Reactions: malou
Update: finally got v10 after doing the chat session thing and also communicating with service center mgr. just got to be persistent with and say something like “why am I not part of the 86% of the Tesla fleet that already has v10!!??”

i just got an update this am for 32.12.1 Go figure.

I really wish Tesla was transparent with its customers as to software upgrade eligibility and feature enhancements/bug fixes that the upgrade provides.

We should know this information before hand as opposed to after the fact and playing the guessing game. This is pretty standard for all software companies.

If you log into the tesla website and see that chat feature in support, if you are lucky someone might answer and you can ask them to push the update by giving your last six digits of VIN. That is what happened to me and 5 mins later our two cars were updated. These are basic cars not top spec models

Thank you so much! This worked. I didn’t see the chat feature, instead I clicked “Request Help” after logging in. I submitted a request kindly asking them to push v10 to my car and provided the last 6 of my VIN. Sent the message around 2pm. Got home around 5pm and BOOM there it was: “downloading software update”!

Updating now. Used the Tesla Support Chat and requested that they push v10 update. Turns out my car had received it 40 minutes prior and was just waiting for a WiFi connection to download. Hot spotted my car and finally started download. Took about 20 minutes to download, about 25 minutes to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.