Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be better not to bother contacting Tesla to get a faster update. They always roll out the software over over time and don’t just release to the whole fleet. When people constantly contact them, it just adds more burden to the service org for no reason whatsoever.

That being said, if you really haven’t received an update in quite awhile or your updates fail to install then by all means make a service appointment. Our X had an issue and they had to reformat the SD card.
Yet they allow you to schedule a service appointment and chose Software Update via the app, so I’m guessing they don’t mind people using the function.

I'm on day 9 of ownership and still have not received an update, so the theory that Tesla waits until after the return period to send updates is out. I sent in a service ticket a few days ago, and received this response yesterday:

"Hello Evan,

I would be happy to help with your inquiry about software updates! I have reviewed the data for your car's software and have found no errors. We release software updates in batches so that we can thoroughly test each update with every configuration of car, and often release new updates slowly over time.

Once your car has an available update, a notification will display on your touchscreen to install. In general, connecting your car to a strong WiFi signal as much as possible will help avoid any possible delays in receiving updates.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you in any way, and thank you for being part of the Tesla community!"

So looks like I will need to keep waiting.

Take it for what it’s worth, the service tech said there’s an issue with HW 3.0 vehicles being unable to download V10 over the air due to ‘security concerns’. They have to side load the update. I told him that I was informed by a chat technician that I’m on HW 2.5 and he seemed surprised at that.
Our Model 3 with HW3 got v10 on 9/28/19 via wifi, the same day as our Model S with HW2.

Still on V9. 37 days after delivery.
A few weeks ago it updated itself from 2019.32.2.2 to 2019.32.2.4.
It has since had 3 attempts to update further, each of which has left the car unchanged at 2019.32.2.4.
Chat support just insist there's nothing wrong, v10 isn't available for my car, I've got to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.