Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V9 - please bring back the green free moving traffic lines

Should tesla bring back the green lines for clear traffic?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
c'mon guys don't let this descend into bashing each other over various individual circumstances.
Like I said Tesla could do something really cool here that could work for many users frustrated by the visibility of certain color combinations.

My oringal point was more loss of "clear traffic" indication and the resulting loss of utility, than the actual color of the lines

Reactions: Superendo
Maybe, someday, someone will invent the technology to add a menu that allows color selection for fully color-sighted and non-color sighted people to choose from.
Woah, that would be soooo much code, not to mention entire design and conceptual breakthroughs!! I'm almost certain that is in the same bucket as a universal natural language translator, USB playlists, and setting the time for charging to end.

All not possible till after the Singularity.

Oh just to jump in here.

1- color blindness is a real thing and affects about 10% of the male population (Google it). UI manufacturers should not dismiss this big a number and do perhaps one of two things: change the colors to be not so Red-Green only but colors that are close yet more visible to red-green impaired, and/or, make two color palettes as part of an accessibility suite of options.

2- Lots and lots of UI’s over the past few years have adopted color palettes of varying greys for whatever reason. Apple documentation and its website is a huge implementer example. This forum is another (see the breadcrumbs list at top of page against the overall grey background). It is even used in cases where, I’m guessing, the result is intentionally hard to read such as end-user licensing agreements. I for one hate it. It is much harder to read and negates good communications. Color is a wonderful thing and makes visual things more attractive, easier to read, and are quite easily implemented. Why we are going back to bland and unreadable greys is beyond me but there is the trend. If you’ve read thus far, start to notice this on websites you peruse.

8655D113-45E0-4D60-B91A-29F7D642E0E9.jpeg

I escalated my concern to the executive team. I feel like they just blew me off

Reactions: mrElbe
An interesting note on this, I had the opportunity to see how the maps did with the major highway closed to Southbound traffic (about 5 miles worth) for a few hours. I was driving northbound and could confirm there 0 cars on the section of closed highway but the display showed the Southbound direction in the darkest color. It was nice to see, through I'm curious how they decide to show that with no traffic data... (or perhaps they know with no traffic data it is closed?) -- Peter

snip
Also if the road is blocked/closed, unfortunately we would never get an indicaiton like waze, but at least the green line would disappear to gray (indicating insufficient traffic data) and there would be a clue something was amiss and I would use the excellent Teslawaze to check) .
snip