TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Tesla vacation swap?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by AlisoJames, Nov 26, 2014.

1. AlisoJames

AlisoJames Member

May 29, 2013
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    My wife and I visit Hawaii for three weeks every year arriving just before the New Year. For quite a few years it was always Maui but last year we went to the Big Island and really loved it and are coming back again this year. I took delivery of my car in May 2013 and last year it was a downer to be without my beloved Tesla for the 3 weeks. During all the time we were away it was sitting idle in my garage in southern California, It is a wild idea but would any Big Island Tesla owners be interested in a vacation swap? Come to Southern California and experience the rapidly expanding Supercharger network in California.
  2. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Aug 18, 2013
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Neat idea! Sorry I can't help (I'm on Oahu), but just wanted to chime in at how neat it is that our beloved cars can be used as ambassadors away from home!
  3. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Dec 23, 2012
    This is a great idea. I would plan my vacation time around this idea, though sadly I'm not on the Big Island. There's a plug-share App. Maybe we need to make a Tesla-share app ;)
  4. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

Feb 4, 2013
    South Florida
    I may be able to make a swap. I own 2 teslas, and a vacation home in Key Largo (w charging) and another in the Berkshires also with Charging. We may be able to set up a vacation swap site
  5. Bill D

Bill D Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Weston, Florida
    I like this idea. We own two homes, Weston, FL and Newport Beach, CA and spend about a third of our time in CA. We keep an Escalade in CA but while we're there, we really miss our P85 in FL, so any Southern Californians that want to spend time in South Florida and swap P85s, let me know.