Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Van

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the Tesla Model Y is similar to a van, but it's a minivan
If Tesla made a van (maybe Tesla Model V?), it would be similar to the Honda Odyssey van and the Toyota Sienna van, but it would be fully electric and have Tesla's interior. Maybe the doors could also be like the Model X's?

It would probably range from $70,000 to $80,000

Do you think this would be a good idea for a Tesla Van? :)

This looks way more comfortable than a model X
1625281067053.png

1625280807360.png

Remember how Elon Musk said the X is a better design than a minivan? Well Elon Musk has already made his minivan. Now go buy a X and be happy. ;)
The X is not a mini van. I would like to see Elon put all his kids (5 right??) in a MX and drive 1000 miles in 24 hours for a two week vacation.

The Tesla van needs to seat 8+ comfortably. And with all rear seats removed or folded accommodate a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Needs 250 miles of range while towing a 2-3000# trailer (while full of people and cargo). 300+ HP equivalent. See where this is going…..
A really big battery. Vans aren’t cool. Vans aren’t sexy. Maybe add some shag carpet and run it up the walls…..

Our record drive was 1200 miles in 17 hours. Three kids and a dog. We now have 5 kids and the dog. Ford transit 350 AWD XLT here I come.

The X is not a mini van. I would like to see Elon put all his kids (5 right??) in a MX and drive 1000 miles in 24 hours for a two week vacation.

The Tesla van needs to seat 8+ comfortably. And with all rear seats removed or folded accommodate a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Needs 250 miles of range while towing a 2-3000# trailer (while full of people and cargo). 300+ HP equivalent. See where this is going…..
A really big battery. Vans aren’t cool. Vans aren’t sexy. Maybe add some shag carpet and run it up the walls…..

Our record drive was 1200 miles in 17 hours. Three kids and a dog. We now have 5 kids and the dog. Ford transit 350 AWD XLT here I come.
small correction: Elon has 5 kids from first wife [sadly first child died, then triplets & twins] and now he has two more children with Grims (7 total).

Reactions: EbS-P
What I want in an EV van is an equivalent of my Odyssey, but with the window lock working correctly, the lock/unlock buttons on the key fob in the right places, and a good EV-specific nav system.

Reactions: SalisburySam
What I want in an EV van is an equivalent of my Odyssey, but with the window lock working correctly, the lock/unlock buttons on the key fob in the right places, and a good EV-specific nav system.
I drive an Odyssey too. Nothing S3XY about it;) I don’t see this size of vehicle really competing in international markets.

If it could have good delivery van qualities and a great passenger configuration it might have a shot.

It is a Van. Companies might really like these limits.
IF you have kids (<21) you might also like these limits. How about elderly parents ??
Seems to me this is a niche where Ford won't make enough for demands. We shall see.
I have 5 kids, drive 900 miles straight through NC to ME 15-18 hours. Straight through NC to Tampa. 65 mph means it’s a city people mover. Name another vehicle sold in the US to be limited to 65. Yes it has a market as a fleet vehicle but not for the general public