Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Vandalized - Sentry Mode Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

My Model Y was vandalized in a hotel parking lot the other day. Sentry mode picked up everything so that isn't my question. After reading other stories and watching Youtube videos I always hear/read people saying "When the police arrived I gave them the sentry mode video".. How are they doing this? I have an SSD and have all the video, but how are they giving it to someone on the spot at the incident? Am I just reading into this and it is given after the fact?

I want to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks

I think people hook the USB drive to their laptop, or phone, and then email the video files to the police.

This plus other options I've heard is that the police will come over to view the video, like they do for stores with security cameras and then go from there. Others have been successful posting the video to their local police department's social media sites (Facebook, Twitter).

Reactions: X-pilot
After reading other stories and watching Youtube videos I always hear/read people saying "When the police arrived I gave them the sentry mode video".. How are they doing this? I have an SSD and have all the video, but how are they giving it to someone on the spot at the incident? Am I just reading into this and it is given after the fact?

@Thalador sorry to hear about your vandalization, hopefully the footage you captured will be helpful to law enforcement. Thanks for asking this question though, I've been meaning to as well, after watching far too many Wham Bam Teslacam videos :)

For a quick and dirty solution, take a video with your phone from the screen and then upload it to youtube (unlisted if you want). Then you can send the youtube link to the police and insurance. No need to wait to get to a computer or bother with trying to give SD cards or emailing large video files that they may or may not be able to play on their computer.

Reactions: Akikiki and DanDi58