Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: very baby friendly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't think I could love anything more than my wife & my MS. But the moment my daughter was born yesterday, I fell in love again & momentarily forgot about the car. Today I picked up my babies (wife & daugter) with my other baby (MS), and realized what a perfect car it is to own if you have a baby. The car seat latches were placed well, very reacheable, & easy to clip on. I was able to preheat my car so it's toasty before putting my baby in it. The ride was so smooth & quiet that my fussy newborn slept all the way home without making a peep (as opposed to when we were in the post partum room where she cried every time we put her down). And just knowing it's one of the safest cars out there to be transporting her relaxed me even more, after the exhausting 1st night we spent. Oh, and all the space of the MS is great packing baby stuff, of course =)

@Chipper: Thanks, I'm am extremely thankful for all 3 of my babies & will cherish them as long as I live =)

@MassX1317: I tested out all 3 latch positions and they were all well thought out, so you have room for 1 more child if you want to make use of your MS to the fullest potential =) I used to live in New York, and I know Ma has some pretty narly winters. I would strongly consider the X if you wanted a Tesla within the next couple years since it's AWD. However if you are willing to wait, rumor has it that the MS will come out with an AWD version as well, but likely after the X so as not to steal it's thunder. Just depends on whether you prefer the crossover platform or sedan platform more.

Good to hear! We have a 1 and 3 year old. Debating between the S now if we can get a good deal on a used one or putting in a reservation for the X.

the eh rear facing seats are absolutely phenomenomal!!! Both of my children LOVE them. We've. Had other cars with a third row that was their space but this is different they love it back there. It's like a version of their bedroom and they love it. Just my two cents.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think I could love anything more than my wife & my MS. But the moment my daughter was born yesterday, I fell in love again & momentarily forgot about the car. Today I picked up my babies (wife & daugter) with my other baby (MS), and realized what a perfect car it is to own if you have a baby. The car seat latches were placed well, very reacheable, & easy to clip on. I was able to preheat my car so it's toasty before putting my baby in it. The ride was so smooth & quiet that my fussy newborn slept all the way home without making a peep (as opposed to when we were in the post partum room where she cried every time we put her down). And just knowing it's one of the safest cars out there to be transporting her relaxed me even more, after the exhausting 1st night we spent. Oh, and all the space of the MS is great packing baby stuff, of course =)

Congratulatins!!!! So happy for you!!!

Couldn't agree more as the S is driven by my wife mostly and carries our 4 and 1 year old around (the S is exactly 1 month younger and only 11 months old ;)).

The jump seats are amazing and the 4 year old just recently began buckling himself in.

The all-weather floor mats have been brilliant and if you don't have them, I'd get them as they have handled spills and various baby/kid accidents.

As a new father I couldn't think of a better way to say "I love you" than buying the safest vehicle ever made for them to drive in. This really was the primary reason for buying the car, the rest is icing.... really, really, REALLY good icing!

If not for the Model S, we most likely would have bought a Honda Odyssey even though I wanted an A7. The Model S is so much better in every way. We've taken two trips from Seattle to LA and have nearly 20K miles all worry free.

I hope to test out how well it handles in the snow next week ;) You know, for safety reasons...I bought the chains as well.

the eh rear facing seats are absolutely phenomenomal!!! Both of my children LOVE them. We've. Had other cars with a third row that was their space but this is different they love it back there. It's like a version of their bedroom and they love it. Just my two cents.

These are the Massachusetts laws:

• Infants and children must ride in a federally approved child passenger restraint until they are at least 5 years old and weigh more than 40 pounds.
• Children older than 5 and more than 40 pounds must ride in a booster seat until the child is 8 years old or is taller than 4 feet 9 inches.

My 3 year old still has 2 years until they are allowed to move to a booster and I'm not sure if even a booster can be used in the rear facing seats. By the time my kid turns 8 we may have a newer model or they may be almost too big.

Congrats! Completely agree. Model S is the almost the perfect family car (I'd say perfect if they could just figure out how to give us some real cupholders in the back!). The pushbutton reading light provides hours of entertainment for toddlers. ;)

Congrats! Not a baby anymore but, my 7-yr-old son loves riding in the MS; he was telling my wife the other day - as she was ferrying him around for classes in her 5-yr-old Mini Cooper - that she probably needs a new car like dad's :)

Not sure though about the seat buckles as kids get older and need sturdier and wider booster seats. The buckles are recessed (and not dangling out) and make it quite hard for atleast my son to latch the belt in. With wider boosters that are permanently anchored in and have 5-point harnesses, there's little room for adults to sit next to the booster in the back and it's very hard for them to latch themselves in too.

CONGRATS. Yes the MS is an awesome car to keep your baby girls (wife & daughter) safe. Here is a profound thought: Your little girl may never know what an Internal Combustion Engine powered vehicle is. Think about that for a moment and you suddenly realize you are riding history.

Congratulations but.....

... I have to disagree a bit. The Model S is quite bad for babies. The ride is so quiet that babies sleep much worse compared to a petrol car where the humming noise of the engine buts them to sleep in no time. In the model S however, no such humming therefore baby doesn't sleep as well.

Congratulations but.....

... I have to disagree a bit. The Model S is quite bad for babies. The ride is so quiet that babies sleep much worse compared to a petrol car where the humming noise of the engine buts them to sleep in no time. In the model S however, no such humming therefore baby doesn't sleep as well.

We supplement with white noise until we reach 30+ miles an hour average. But now, the 1 year old likes the quiet, in fact, she is sleeping in the car right now and it is parked in the garage ;)

I disagree. It is EXTREMELY baby (and family) friendly.

Pre-heating, pre-cooling. Big enough to fit double and single stroller AND Costco supplies. Can configure the car seats side-by-side, enabling a 3rd person to ride in back WITHOUT climbing over a seat. Lack of storage actually kind helps keep the car clean, otherwise kids will want to throw stuff in every crevice (like used tissues) and forget about them. And of course, it's one of the (if not THE) safest cars on the road.

These are the Massachusetts laws:

• Infants and children must ride in a federally approved child passenger restraint until they are at least 5 years old and weigh more than 40 pounds.
• Children older than 5 and more than 40 pounds must ride in a booster seat until the child is 8 years old or is taller than 4 feet 9 inches.

My 3 year old still has 2 years until they are allowed to move to a booster and I'm not sure if even a booster can be used in the rear facing seats. By the time my kid turns 8 we may have a newer model or they may be almost too big.

The rear jump seats do not require boosters; in fact, you are specifically not permitted to use a booster.

See the relevant page from the manual, attached.

But you don't need a booster, since they are in essence rear-facing boosters already.

Both my 7 and 2 (nearly 3) year old meet the size and weight requirements for the boosters, and both love riding back there.
a2u6e6up.jpg