Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Virtual Power Plant in CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar, $240.80 vs last year at $332.97. I wasn't tracking everything this time around, so no idea if this correlated to the rules or not.

I felt dirty having to provide some much details to get the money, bank account (weird that it was account number then the routing number), name, address, and then after putting all that in a pop up asking for date of birth with stupid scroll wheels. Elon just got a ton of information for his ex-Twitter/Paypal2.0 banking ambitions.

Still waiting.
Went on Tesla chat 20 minutes before they closed. They were not much help but email showed up 5 minutes later. I requested payout. I liked getting a check better. pain in the ass to add bank info.

First year participating the VPP program:)
Screenshot_20240302_074834_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: spsheridan
Soon to be available in CA, here is a link to the program.

Let's see what this has to offer and how those that opt-in are impacted and compensated.
another huge plus for the Tesla ecosystem....Tesla leading the way

I called Tesla yesterday and inquired about this payout. They pushed it through and I had a payout message less than 24 hours later. Looks like a decent chunk of cash, just under $590 for the year.

I like the new feature where you can set a reserve for VPP events and a different reserve for daily reserve. This way I can maximize my VPP deployment and also have a more reasonable reserve for an average day.

I called Tesla yesterday and inquired about this payout. They pushed it through and I had a payout message less than 24 hours later. Looks like a decent chunk of cash, just under $590 for the year.

I like the new feature where you can set a reserve for VPP events and a different reserve for daily reserve. This way I can maximize my VPP deployment and also have a more reasonable reserve for an average day.
How many pws do you have?

The compensation is based on PW discharge relative to the baseline PW discharge according to the program rules. Most of my discharge went to my AC during the event days and I was compensated at $121 per PW (discharged 100% to 10%). Because most event days are generally the only really hot days in coastal Southern California, we tend to only use AC on those days hence our baseline is low. We usually only discharge ~10% or less during peak hours.

Anybody have the dates of all the events last year?

The compensation is based on PW discharge relative to the baseline PW discharge according to the program rules. Most of my discharge went to my AC during the event days and I was compensated at $121 per PW (discharged 100% to 10%). Because most event days are generally the only really hot days in coastal Southern California, we tend to only use AC on those days hence our baseline is low. We usually only discharge ~10% or less during peak hours.

Anybody have the dates of all the events last year?

I know that's what the program rules state, but my payouts both years have been strictly based on the number of kwh discharged to the grid during the event. In this case, it was 153 kwh combined.

• Informative
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
We are on PG&E. I tried to take notes when they happened, but I am not confident that these are either correct or complete. So, for what it's worth:

View attachment 1030410

I received my ACH last week.
SW
Thanks. After I posted I went back in this thread and also looked at my Tesla data to get the dates. I think there was also an event on 7/26/23. Having the times as well is helpful.

If I ever get time, it will be interesting to pull the PW data to compare it to the compensation I got.

Thanks. After I posted I went back in this thread and also looked at my Tesla data to get the dates. I think there was also an event on 7/26/23. Having the times as well is helpful.

If I ever get time, it will be interesting to pull the PW data to compare it to the compensation I got.
I had an event on Jul 26, 12 kWh.
On your apple app you can ask for a custom date for that day. Should give times on the graph.