Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Vision coming to radar-equipped cars on 2022.24.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Update 2022.24.6 release notes are now available and now brings Tesla Vision to radar-equipped vehicles. This change was first seen in the mystery 2022.20.9 release which was only pushed out to a small number of cars.
Tesla Update 2022.24.6 Release Notes | Tesla Updates

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 6.15.42 PM.png

(Credit: Tesla Updates)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MX100DM3P2017
Tesla Update 2022.24.6 release notes are now available and now brings Tesla Vision to radar-equipped vehicles. This change was first seen in the mystery 2022.20.9 release which was only pushed out to a small number of cars.
Tesla Update 2022.24.6 Release Notes | Tesla Updates

DO you know what countries this is coming to

Do you run that site? Seems like most of your threads have links to the website and/or the Twitter account. If so, you might want to update that Tesla Vision availability from "Available in United States" as it seems like 2022.24.6 is going to not-US while 2022.20.9 seemed to basically only go to US vehicles.

Do you run that site? Seems like most of your threads have links to the website and/or the Twitter account. If so, you might want to update that Tesla Vision availability from "Available in United States" as it seems like 2022.24.6 is going to not-US while 2022.20.9 seemed to basically only go to US vehicles.
No but I do submit information to them and I submitted this as it was previously unknown about. There are vehicles with it in the US.

The Tesla Vision change was also in the 2022.24.5 release notes. Still trying to figure out if all the 2022.24.x releases had that change, and if not, how could 2022.20.9 have it?
Can you show some proof that it was in the 2022.24.5 notes?

2022.20.9 was only available in NA and AU as Tesla was testing it on cars there.
2022.24.6 had the 2022.20.9 update merged into it which is why it's under the 2022.20 group.

I didn't see it on the release notes on a car running 2022.24.5.

Im still on mcu1 but hw3. Should that count?
Unlikely as MCU1 only just received the V11 update (2022.8.something) and this update requires MCU2 or MCU3 so unlikely. Technically your hardware should support it but being MCU1 I do doubt it.

I could be wrong though, MCU1 + newer FSD computer update stuff isn't my area of expertise.

Reactions: Solar40
Great, so I can no longer set follow distance 1 (mandatory in UK rush hour traffic to stop people cutting in) and I lose 10 km/h from the speed I can use cruise control on the autobahn. How is this an improvement?
It's not.

As an added bonus, auto headlights and auto wipers are now forced on AP (the former you can disable, but you have to do it every time you activate TACC/AP, the latter can't be turned off). Both auto headlights and wipers are not fit for purpose in my opinion.

Great, so I can no longer set follow distance 1 (mandatory in UK rush hour traffic to stop people cutting in) and I lose 10 km/h from the speed I can use cruise control on the autobahn. How is this an improvement?
At the start tesla vision is limited to 80 mph and after a fews months they go to 85 mps I think soon is comming to original 90 mph please wait the system is new and need steeps for security

At the start tesla vision is limited to 80 mph and after a fews months they go to 85 mps I think soon is comming to original 90 mph please wait the system is new and need steeps for security

1) If it's been released in the US for a while, why would they need to start at lower speeds for wide release?

2) I didn't buy a 50 grand car to be a guinea pig and have functionality that I paid for taken away. If I wanted to be that I would allow the "advanced" beta software updates.

I regularly drive on the autobahn - probably as many miles in my Model 3 as in the UK - and even the grannies in Polos are doing 150 km/h. It's the default speed for anyone not speeding. This is embarrassing, not to mention as others have said the auto wipers are not fit for purpose. Last winter in Germany I had to constantly switch the wipers on and off, as the screen got snowed up when they failed to recognise the problem due to the camera module being warm enough not to be covered.

I'll be going out of my way not to accept the next update until it is confirmed that the same functionality we have now is back. Perhaps disabling the WiFi will do it.

2) I didn't buy a 50 grand car to be a guinea pig and have functionality that I paid for taken away. If I wanted to be that I would allow the "advanced" beta software updates.

I regularly drive on the autobahn - probably as many miles in my Model 3 as in the UK - and even the grannies in Polos are doing 150 km/h. It's the default speed for anyone not speeding. This is embarrassing, not to mention as others have said the auto wipers are not fit for purpose. Last winter in Germany I had to constantly switch the wipers on and off, as the screen got snowed up when they failed to recognise the problem due to the camera module being warm enough not to be covered.

You should open a service request through the app for those items. It should be easy to control the wipers and manually enable high beam headlights if needed when FSD is enabled.

It's 85mph now. We didn't start at 80mph with 2022.24.6
You should open a service request through the app for those items. It should be easy to control the wipers and manually enable high beam headlights if needed when FSD is enabled.
It's forced with Vision AP so I think they were referring to that.