Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which again is a d*ck move. Many people have finance deals, have sold other cars and be aware that getting another car quickly might be a long process. Again probably all legal but....

People may feel they have no other option but to accept and leaves a bit of a sour taste.

Even worse imo when features change / get removed / downgraded on vehicles already purchased. And the question about who decides if the replacement is materially as good or better than previously existing is even more pertinent.

Which again is a d*ck move. Many people have finance deals, have sold other cars and be aware that getting another car quickly might be a long process. Again probably all legal but....

People may feel they have no other option but to accept and leaves a bit of a sour taste.
The issue with Tesla is that they don’t care. They have people who will swoop in and take your car within seconds of you rejecting it. They have all the power which is frustrating.

Reactions: H43lio and DeejUK
The issue with Tesla is that they don’t care. They have people who will swoop in and take your car within seconds of you rejecting it. They have all the power which is frustrating.
Agreed. At the moment. But I'm sure that will change at some point (lead times already shortened and excess stock seems to suggest it's maybe started? Dunno. Just guessing)

And for sure, I have no intention of rejecting the car. I'm still mostly excited by the prospect of driving it. So for me, yes I guess they do have the power.

Reactions: ACarneiro
UK consumer law trumps any of Teslas T&C
No one complains when Tesla upgrade parts which weren’t available when you purchase though?? It’s not right but just look at how staff are being treated at Twitter!!

Sometimes a person/ company has too much power. You may also find, when you sign to accept the car on delivery, it informs you about USS there too. They will catch you out somewhere.

I don’t think anyone is going to deny delivery of a car because of a few sensors.
I already have, kinda. Deferred my MYP because of the lack of USS, and decided to keep my MX with free supercharging and premium connectivity. At the moment I have no intention of following through on the MYP, and instead may reconsider in a year or two when we know how effective ChuckleVision is, and if Midnight Cherry Red becomes available over here.

My goodwill for Telsa as a brand is largely diminished. They're now just a company that I don't particularly like who up until recently made stuff that I really wanted.

I already have, kinda. Deferred my MYP because of the lack of USS, and decided to keep my MX with free supercharging and premium connectivity. At the moment I have no intention of following through on the MYP, and instead may reconsider in a year or two when we know how effective ChuckleVision is, and if Midnight Cherry Red becomes available over here.

My goodwill for Telsa as a brand is largely diminished. They're now just a company that I don't particularly like who up until recently made stuff that I really wanted.
Chucklevision! 🤣🤣🤣

My point was solely Tesla Vision - you have plenty of options here which you’ve stated which also have huge financial implications on your decision

It’s not simply “because of Tesla vision”

My guarantee with a lot of people is we will end up looking back and realising the cars run better without USS

• Funny
Reactions: H43lio
I assume it will. I just wish they had the replacement ready before removing the sensors. That would seem like a sensible thing to do
Not sure they can overcome intrinsic sensor characteristics / limitations though. Even if they get vision only to do a great job of replacing USS function while cameras have adequate visibility, the evidence is that cameras easily get their view compromised.

Reactions: aldo286 and H43lio