Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or read the terms of service to know what to expect

6. COMMUNITY DISCUSSION

Community discussion including the TMC Forums, Clubs, and Groups, are designed for members to express their opinions, viewpoints and testimonials on various products, services and events based upon speculation, personal knowledge and factual information, therefore all views represented here allow no liability upon TMC and the owners of said views assume no liability for any ill will resulting from these postings. The posts made here are for educational as well as entertainment purposes and as such anyone viewing this portion of the website must accept these views as statements of the author of that opinion and agree to release the authors from any and all liability.

Tesla just seem a bit stuck with mediocrity, removing or switching off components within the car in anticipation of the next (in the middle of the night) idea Elon has. Elon isn't one to be told something isn't possible so the team are yes men and women - nod meekly in approval and then when he's gone consider how they can do it but on a really tight budget or remove something else from the car that will cover the cost of the new equipment they design, meanwhile Elon has announced to the world that next week the car will have invisibility like the Bond Aston.
Now in the early days this was exciting but in those earlier days it was additional components to add new functions, new toys to the playground - and we accepted the random price increases, and if you wanted a super fast, long range BEV with a super warranty there just wasn't any other alternative marque. It wouldn't be so bad a feeling if we in the UK received updates that the USA get that we are prevented from having - but that isnt Tesla's fault.

Becoming the richest man in the world has influenced Elon to the point he craves even more money and wants a bigger return on every vehicle.

However, like everything in life - nothing is forever.

My M3P is brilliant, love it, and even with its foibles the really good points outweigh the poorer ones - but mine is a 2020 model with what i believe has the best of everything Tesla threw at the model 3 - and prior to some bits being removed - and new it was probably around £55K - same car now would be very close to £70k as I have the white interior and FSD - and I hate the penny pinching, the crap Pirelli tyres, the super cheap hard plastic lower section of the door cards, no passenger lumber support, the awful later centre console and ugly Uberturbines - with a v5 heatpump that's noisy and just doesn't work properly and now no USS. I wouldn't buy another one.

Tesla will continue to do what they feel like until sales are affected and i believe with the alternatives upcoming with other manufacturers Tesla has rested on it laurels for far too long. No business can offer anything for sale that doesn't work like Ronseal, but keep uplifting its prices and trading on future promises its a sure recipe for failure - and the last chance saloon. They have lost me when my next change comes.
Tellingly, the "brand loyalty" metric for Tesla at 60% is below the industry average of 65%. And given they haven't had serious competition until the last 18 months or so, I wonder whether the "I love my Tesla!" crowd are more in love with EVs and how they drive, rather than the company.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Supercharger network is being opened up, you’re in the US so you may not see this, but in Surope it’s happening, and in some countries here it’s very widespread

UI isn’t better. Nor is the app to me. I find it funny that the purpose of the screen was to remove cluttered buttons everywhere and yet we now have a massive screen with up to 50 buttons on show at any given point of time. And trying to hit one of them while driving can be really difficult, I find I have to rest a thumb or fingers on the edge of the screen to stabilise the hand. The BMW idrive is much better, it’s both touch screen, has a controller, and the voice control is better, but for the sake of argument let’s just agree some might like the Tesla one, others the BMW, and there’s no right or wrong, but that does mean Tesla aren’t light years ahead, they’re just a different way of achieving the same ends.

That leaves the efficiency. I suggest you look at the iX3 efficiency stats. I’d say Tesla has an edge, but it’s no longer streets ahead.
Bjorn Nyland was shocked (in a good way) at how efficient the Renault performed. At least as efficient as Tesla.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Tellingly, the "brand loyalty" metric for Tesla at 60% is below the industry average of 65%. And given they haven't had serious competition until the last 18 months or so, I wonder whether the "I love my Tesla!" crowd are more in love with EVs and how they drive, rather than the company.
Where is that figure from? That being said I’d say it’s been the value proposition and the supercharger network for me to want to get a Tesla - there was little in the price range that ticked as many boxes.

Both are less and less important now with competition and the opening of parts of the network.

I know you’re being sarcastic, but as you know it’s the complete opposite. Tesla’s are the most amazing EVs on the road. The Musk personally invented the battery and the electric motor. In fact he invented the damn wheel. All the competition is crap and Tesla are so incredibly advanced that every other manufacturer is at least 10 years behind. With my reverse crystal ball I can see that Tesla had FSD sorted by the end of 2019 (as promised by Musk) and there were a million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020 (again as promised by Musk).

Happy days 🤣
He actually invented the yoke, which is superior than the wheel.

• Funny
Reactions: browellm
Apparently, irony and sarcasm are very complex. That is why their understanding is developed relatively late - around 7-8 years of age. Before that kids either don’t understand or take it literally.
They’re also contextual. In the context of this forum, there are many many posters who would have written what you said as a completely serious and not to be disagreed with point 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Boza
Just took delivery of a ‘23 PFY and with parking sensors gone I feel I got jipped! I got less features but paid more money. Cars that cost 1/2 the price have sensors so you don’t back into objects and people.

And why do the cameras see and project garbage cans of all things but don’t see people crossing the street. I’m very confused and feel used, duped, and robbed by a billionaire!!!

Just took delivery of a ‘23 PFY and with parking sensors gone I feel I got jipped! I got less features but paid more money. Cars that cost 1/2 the price have sensors so you don’t back into objects and people.

And why do the cameras see and project garbage cans of all things but don’t see people crossing the street. I’m very confused and feel used, duped, and robbed by a billionaire!!!
It loves a garbage can and a cone doesn’t it? All the better if they can flicker in and out of existence.