Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a positive note - My car farts, can do a lightshow, can play games on the screen and can watch a film - all of which I don't use. Dear Elon, can you send your frippery development teams over to the wiper and auto headlight team to give them a hand - and (as @Tony Hoyle said) the guy that wrote the visualisations for bins - as he is streets ahead of the game.
I do wonder about all of this. I did about a thousand miles last week, mainly in the dark and with some rain, using FSD/Autopilot for most of the trip.
Headlights/full beam/wipers all worked great, needed to add a manual screen wash/wipe maybe twice - broadly similar to my previous non Tesla experience I would say.

I'm not saying others don't have problems, but I have yet to see any fundamental issues that give me any concern with wipers or full beam - only thing I can think of is that full beam should not activate where there are street lights. But TeslaVision is a thumbs up from me so far.

and only very small phantom break I had was about 1 minute from home at end of our week away (v nearly did the whole week without one!)

Interesting discussion on one of the youtube video on USS removal and M3 behaviour without USS.

1667238041406.png

Probably unrelated to this but my Q3 MY doesn't seem to have any parking chimes anymore. The line is still there to show me how close I am, but can't figure out if I've muted the chimes? Either way I can't find out how to unmute and the navigation volume is fine.

for whatever misguided reasons they’re removing them, I hope they never remove support for cars that do have them - at least in reverse/when manually parking. You’re not in AP etc - I just want an idea of where things are around me, like I’ve had for 20 years with other cars by now, and grown to be very used to. Aside from safety systems, parking sensors are probably one of the best convenience features added to cars

I do wonder about all of this. I did about a thousand miles last week, mainly in the dark and with some rain, using FSD/Autopilot for most of the trip.
Headlights/full beam/wipers all worked great, needed to add a manual screen wash/wipe maybe twice - broadly similar to my previous non Tesla experience I would say.
I’ve found on 2022.36.6 the wipers are better - they seem to have swapped the hyper active way they worked before for a more reserved approach, almost too slow, but it’s a lot easier to trigger a manual wipe now and then than the previous “turn it off and try and set a sensible manual speed” or not use AP at all. Maybe they do listen!

Interesting comments.

Has anyone seen any real world videos of the new behaviour without USS? Is it simply just a video when you reverse?
The new capability isn't out for anyone to see, it's 'coming soon' so no one knows what it will be like. There's an interim state for new cars shipped without sensors before the new is ready, I've also not seen anyone video that but from Tesla's announcement they will just not have beeps, lines or measurements until the new capability is ready.

The new capability isn't out for anyone to see, it's 'coming soon' so no one knows what it will be like. There's an interim state for new cars shipped without sensors before the new is ready, I've also not seen anyone video that but from Tesla's announcement they will just not have beeps, lines or measurements until the new capability is ready.
Yeah sorry, I meant the current basic functionality. Just wanted to see if it's truly as simple as it sounds. I also presume you get nothing if you're going forwards slowly into a space and just the video when reversing but would be good to see anyway!

Yeah sorry, I meant the current basic functionality. Just wanted to see if it's truly as simple as it sounds. I also presume you get nothing if you're going forwards slowly into a space and just the video when reversing but would be good to see anyway!
It's "coming soon". Straight after the 50 engineers Elon has deployed to Twitter to make fart noises when you open the app and increased the border by 2 pixels, they'll get hard at work telling you why you don't need to see to park.

• Funny
Reactions: H43lio

Take a look at the pictures there. Use Google Translate to get the gist of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamiePP