Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding share price -- now do Ford, Toyota, Aston Martin, Rivian, Lucid, etc. In fact, pick any you wish and track their trailing 12 month share prices. Some of us have done extremely well with our investments into Tesla shares as evidenced by the five-year chart above which, despite a difficult market relatively recently, shows an 833% return over 5 years...

Just spoke to Tesla about my hidden VIN dropping on Friday. Wouldn’t tell me much about the ship however did confirm it has USS.

I actually would rather not have them and get the better cameras…especially if they turn the functionality off in the future…

I have tried to refrain from sharing my reactions to this thread. It does seem there are a number of people who despise their Teslas. As respectfully as I can say this -- life is too short and if you hate the car so much why put yourself through the torture? I try to keep an open mind and when we next are looking for a new car I can't say what I will buy. But for us, when researching all the EV options available at the time of our purchases, the Teslas came out as best choice. They are not perfect by any means, and the Tesla way of doing things can be frustrating (as well as in some ways innovative and welcome), but they have many things they get right.

I get that folks have gripes but this thread is exhausting 😅 Meme stocks :D

Current industry marcaps:

1668429576672.png

I'm sorry folks have disappointing windscreen wipers but lets be sensible. Tesla has a massive capital, supply chain, and manufacturing advantage over the "big boys". All off whom could be bought by Tesla at any point they felt their expertise was required.

There is an interesting conversation to be had about R&D direction and competition but this thread is just a troll fest

View attachment 874424

I'm sorry folks have disappointing windscreen wipers but lets be sensible. Tesla has a massive capital, supply chain, and manufacturing advantage over the "big boys". All off whom could be bought by Tesla at any point they felt their expertise was required.

There is an interesting conversation to be had about R&D direction and competition but this thread is just a troll fest
I agree it is a troll fest. People who treat their fastest depreciating asset as though they were a much loved member of the family certainly are trolls. And the same applies to people who say that because they had a lucky investment, the technology in their cars is far superior to anything else this side of alien tech.

View attachment 874424

interesting, how tesla is the only one on red graph ;))))

• Funny
Reactions: H43lio and CWT3LR
to be fair, I was exploring other options, but at the time of order Tesla had the best charging network (not open to others, yet) and that was more or less the sole factor.

alternativelly, I was very keen on polestar and quite possibly would take Kia EV6 if not morons at dealership :D. Ioniq 5 was just announced and not available for test drive.

I am happy with some things but really dissapointed by others and appalled by the rest

Reactions: candida and CWT3LR
I have tried to refrain from sharing my reactions to this thread. It does seem there are a number of people who despise their Teslas. As respectfully as I can say this -- life is too short and if you hate the car so much why put yourself through the torture? I try to keep an open mind and when we next are looking for a new car I can't say what I will buy. But for us, when researching all the EV options available at the time of our purchases, the Teslas came out as best choice. They are not perfect by any means, and the Tesla way of doing things can be frustrating (as well as in some ways innovative and welcome), but they have many things they get right.
The problem is that when people "research" a new car, they often visit forums like this to gauge owners' reactions.

I was lulled into a completely false sense that Tesla tech was streets ahead of the competition, no-one can do what Tesla does, the car is only months away from driving itself, forgive the foibles because the car is so good in all other aspects etc etc ad naseum.

Whereas if I had read real, honest reviews such as are starting to emerge on these pages, I probably would have waited for the new crop of EVs from car manufacturers.

The car is still a reasonable car. But the way some people still make out is it is worth selling your first born just to be in the "in-crowd" with Tesla is simply laughable, so I troll them back for their trolling.

Tesla’s interiors are average at best, it’s disappointing to hear that from a premium brand.
What is it in particular that you dislike about the Mercedes? And which model is it?
its an A180.

Has huge plastic air vents and buttons everywhere.. on the wheel, stalks, dashboard, a horrid track pad thing between the seats, all very ugly, old fashioned and unintuitive.. its like going back to a blackberry after using an iPhone. I haven't even tried using the cruise control, too many buttons/complexity - not for me,

Yeah, right. My 9 year old tesla rattles itself at the extent that I get nervous ticks after 2 hour drive. still got 5 years on loan and I am not sure if interior will not fall apart by the end of year 4. Interior quality is no where near the 50k+ priced car. bloody qashqai had 0 rattles compared to this example of great interior quality...
My Tesla is over two years old and zero rattles. Funnily enough I have owned a Qashqai previously, was not a patch on my Tesla, the Nissan software was also horrid and re-booted or failed multiple times. I remember it had a tiny screen with a facebook and eurosport app, which took ages to load, were slow and utterly pointless.
no, he is right. FSD HAD to be ready by end of 2019. it is not even fully launched in US, not even mention anywhere else in the worlds. and regarding share price - it's half the top price now.
FSD is late, obvs. that's a given.

Relating to Tesla share price, All tech companies are down this year, as are indeed all EV companies.... all also the fault of Tesla in your eyes I presume? or perhaps there are other Macro events that are shaping the markets currently, just a thought?!
The fact that someone actually thinks a robotaxi is going to be released any time soon clearly indicates their views are skewed heavily toward the "can do no wrong" part of the spectrum.

the word "soon" is not one I would use. but will it come? Yes. IMHO it's a certainty, just the timeframe that is up for debate.

For me that is not being on a certain part of the "spectrum" or whatever, it was actually instead the primary fundamental in my investment hypothesis when I bought Tesla stock back in 2019.

The car, brand and everything else after that was a secondary (but still important) factor in that decision for me.

I understand you and others don't believe in this tech, but we should be able to politely disagree. Perhaps it is more the case that I look at FSD also from an investor point of view that I can accept the merit in these things/longer term, which currently UK owners see little benefit from?
life is too short and if you hate the car so much why put yourself through the torture?
I also pointed this out many pages ago. Why people who clearly have not liked their Tesla experience and are apparently moving on soon, contribute so much to these pages is a little confusing to me.

Not saying their views are not valid or should not be heard, but the apparent stress and anger emanating form the posts is a tad confusing and unsettling to me. IMHO it's best to concentrate internet posts (and indeed life) on things that you enjoy and add positively to your life and try to avoid other places.

Has huge plastic air vents and buttons everywhere.. on the wheel, stalks, dashboard, a horrid track pad thing between the seats, all very ugly, old fashioned and unintuitive.. its like going back to a blackberry after using an iPhone. I haven't even tried using the cruise control, too many buttons/complexity - not for me,
Ah, I see…
Gonna be honest, I miss more buttons. Maybe it’s my old age but I really am finding the “everything-on-the-screen” approach pretty distracting… buttons are always in the same place and you usually get a tactile feedback, makes it easier to do things without taking my eyes off the road…

Anyway, thank you for sharing your view :)

its an A180.

To be fair you are comparing it with the lowest entry-model class at Mercedes there is... (Which they said they will be discontinuing to focus on the luxury end from now on). Probably would be a different from an E or S class.

That being said I find the latest Mercedes interiors with all the ambient lighting and plastic chrome very tacky, but it attracts a certain audience given what I see on the roads... that was probably driven to attract a younger customer base compared to the older demographics from a decade ago...

I also pointed this out many pages ago. Why people who clearly have not liked their Tesla experience and are apparently moving on soon, contribute so much to these pages is a little confusing to me.
As mentioned above - because people like you cause people like me to believe the Tesla experience would be flawless, and hence proceed to press the order button.

When I have to say that - despite the fact I did not "buy" my Tesla - buyer's remorse is huge when I could have had a much better car had I waited a few more months rather than believe the hype.

Now, if you would prefer something more in line with your philosophy - why not just skip these pages if you are too sensitive to people intruding into your perfect world? Don't sit there and be unsettled by opinions you disagree with. Life is too short to read opinions you dislike.

To be fair you are comparing it with the lowest entry-model class at Mercedes there is... (Which they said they will be discontinuing to focus on the luxury end from now on). Probably would be a different from an E or S class.

That being said I find the latest Mercedes interiors with all the ambient lighting and plastic chrome very tacky, but it attracts a certain audience given what I see on the roads... that was probably driven to attract a younger customer base compared to the older demographics from a decade ago...
Mercedes realised their product range was too wide, chasing too many sub-divisions with their insane product line up. And seems like they now have the focus and financial strength to once more be the choice of people wanting luxury not sportiness.

I was in a new E class on holiday last week - lovely, and much more of a comparator to a £60k car than a £15k A Class.

Reactions: H43lio and WllXM
Now, if you would prefer something more in line with your philosophy - why not just skip these pages if you are too sensitive to people intruding into your perfect world? Don't sit there and be unsettled by opinions you disagree with. Life is too short to read opinions you dislike.
Perhaps you should set up a thread on "why you should not buy a Tesla" and post for your life there, rather than hijacking this thread for your self admitted trolling and spinning it off down a road that now has nothing to do with the subject matter?

I would like to know more about USS removal and its successor/software please, and have little interest in your buyer remorse on this thread.