TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla vs Hybrids

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by SergeyB, Jul 16, 2018.

1. SergeyB

SergeyB Member

Dear EV owners,

I am doing the research project about the difference in factors affection purchase decision of Tesla electric cars and Hybrids.

Could you please take a part in my survey (it will take around 4 minutes)

It is very important for me to get as many responses as possible, especially from EV owners.

Thank you for your help!!!

2. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

3. SergeyB

SergeyB Member

4. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

5. SergeyB

SergeyB Member

Thanks a lot!!!

6. JoeS

JoeS Member

SergeyB, thank you for your survey but I am a bit confused.
    1. I only drive EVs and have no interest in Hybrids because they contain ICEs, and thus the Hybrid section of your survey is inapplicable to me and I did not know how to convey that in your survey. I tried skipping that section but the survey wouldn't let me.
    2. When using the word "Performance", there is a radical difference in individual priorities between, for example, "acceleration" and "range", and yet the survey lumped these together.
    No worries, and hope you make some sense out of our responses.

• Like x 2
  7. Tam

Tam Active Member

Warning: This is a trick survey that mandates hybrid car answers despite owners' rejection of such petroleum associated mode of transportation!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

Me too

9. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

And to be clear, I've got two Electrics, my #2 and #3. Never had, barely wanted a Hybrid. Too little too late.

• Like x 1
  10. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

"Meet the Unicorn Experience MGMT Company" Isn't "unicorn" an overused trope now?

11. SergeyB

SergeyB Member

I understand that some of you never owned hybrid cars, but you still can answer the part about hybrids by thinking why other people purchase them.

Thank you very much for all of you responses. They do matter a lot for me. I really sorry that some of the questions might be irrelevant for you.

12. miimura

miimura Active Member

This survey was very strange to me. The questions were all about how important each aspect of choosing a car was to the prospective buyer and you basically had to answer the same questions for a Tesla vehicle or a Hybrid vehicle. The more intelligent way to design the survey would be to present one aspect that contributes to your choice and ask whether the Tesla/EV is favored or the Hybrid.

For example, they asked about how important Charging Networks are.
    1. The Tesla supercharger network is a very strong selling point for Tesla vehicles.
    2. Hybrid cars don't depend on charging networks to complete a journey, therefore charging networks are unimportant.
    3. Non-Tesla EVs need charging networks, but in most places there are significant deficiencies both in vehicle capabilities and installed infrastructure.

The survey did not address any of these finer points.

Another example - Sustainability. One question appeared to be asking about the sustainability of vehicle production. I'm not going to answer the question differently based on who is making the vehicle. The importance of the sustainability of vehicle manufacturing is the same whether the materials go into an electric vehicle or a hybrid vehicle.

13. Tam

Tam Active Member

Ahhh!!!!

Just like the way O.J. said he didn't but he wrote a book titled:

"If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer"

You should have stated the above in the survey :)