Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla VS Hybrids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear EV owners,

I am doing the research project about the difference of Tesla cars from Hybrids.

Could you please take a part in my survey (it will take around 3 minutes)

It is very important for me to get as many responses as possible, especially from EV owners.

Thank you for your help!!!

Link: Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions
Seems to me, that you need to find that subset of people who have owned both types of cars. I couldn't tell you much about hybrids beyond observing that they have less trunk (boot) space than ICE cars and much less stowage space than Tesla cars.

Allowing only one response to "what kind of car do you have?" is confusing to the respondent and deprives you of possibly useful information. My wife and I have three vehicles, a work van, a gas CUV and a Tesla. How was I supposed to answer that question?

In your preamble, you state the goal of your survey. Such a setup will necessarily skew responses as respondents will consciously or unconsciously tell you what they think you want to hear, or perversely, offer misleading responses, especially if they drive neither EVs nor hybrids.

I also took your survey and just answered '1' on all the hybrid ones. I would just never consider a hybrid or gas car any more. I replaced our first gas car, a VW Jetta in 2015 with a VW e-Golf, and our second gas car a Honda Odyssey in 2016 with a Tesla Model X. Just the fact you just plug in at night and are full in the morning and never have to stop for gas again in our daily use, plus the much better peformance, have changed our mindset that we would never want to go back to gas again. To give you a comparison of how absurd the thought feels to us, its like you would turn in your smart phone for a landline, because AT&T says its cheaper. I just would not even consider it.

Here are some details on why:

- guilt free acceleration, especially when you have Solar Panels on your garage

- immediate torque, at a two lane light, I always see the gas cars in the rear view mirror when the light turned green as they are still revving up while I am already gone

- less brake pad wear because of regenerative braking

- less time and money wasted with service appointments, no more oil change or smog check appointments, and for my day to day driving never having to go out of my way to charge or fill up gas, just plug in at home and it is full in the morning.

- precool/heat the cabin from the iphone while at breakfast with car still in the garage, no poisonous gases

- clean air

- no rumble, stupid noises, shaking, delayed accelerations, gas cars fell real stupid once you are used to electric driving

- less annoyance at residential stop sign maze about the wastefulness of gas when stopping and going all the time on empty streets, as number one i don't use gas and number two regenerative braking captures some of that energy back

- stop and go traffic is actually more efficient than highway speed driving, so there is no 'am I going to run out of gas idling in traffic' ever again.

This all applies to the tesla with its 270 mile range as much as to the eGolf with its 85 mile range.