Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Charger - How do I get it serviced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have a Gen 3 Wall charger I bought a few months ago that stopped working. It tries to charge 3 times and then the charge port goes to red and says charging intarupted. I've tried everything to get it working....reinstalled....different wire..... Happens with both my cars. Who do I call to get it serviced? I have sent Tesla support an email but they haven't responded and its been a few weeks. I've asked the dealer and they say I have to call Tesla Support. I'm ready to order a new one and send the old one back for a refund but I know this isn't the right way.

Thanks,
Greg

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
The particular lights usually indicate a problem. I had the plug-in wall charger with 14-50 plug, and I started getting reduced amps. The blinking amber - blink blink pause blink blink pause... - according to the manual indicated the plug to the wall was overheating. (They replaced it under warranty). I tried charging with the unit as a test, and local service talked to the central monitoring which confirmed, yes, the logs on my car indicated the charger was reducing the amperage. (It would charge continuous at 15A instead of 40A).

Fortunately, with the NEMA 14-50 plug, I could compare with chraging with the portable charger which had no problems.

So the pattern and color of blinking may narrow down the problem. But the mobile service may be able to look at this. However, it may be that the solution is "replace" - I hope it's still under warranty. Less than a year - probably is.

I used this to connect my replacement (gen 2) wall charger, since I had the wall socket good for 40A continuous:
General Electric WX09X10037 4-Feet 50-Amp 4 Wire Range Cord
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LQDFOMY
This way I did not have to alter my electrical wiring itself.