Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Charger vs Charge Point vs Juice Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone found a wall-mount holder for the j1772 adapter? Doesn't have to be a perfect fit but would be nice to find something to keep it organized.
Here’s something I designed. No need to remove adapter by hand. Just insert into this receptacle, squeeze trigger and remove. Then store handle in Chargepoint receptacle. Reverse to use. There’s a small tab inside to firmly grasp the adapter. Screws into stud or anchor through one hole in back. Happy to share STL.

Attachments

• CA73E0A1-D392-4B0D-A3AF-8CDEDA3DB281.jpeg
    CA73E0A1-D392-4B0D-A3AF-8CDEDA3DB281.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 107
  • C75B30E9-2903-4CED-8742-2D2AE6748248.jpeg
    C75B30E9-2903-4CED-8742-2D2AE6748248.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 57
I think fwiw you can still get a federal tax credit on the Tesla wall connector if you desire that. It's around ~170$ or so from memory.
Form 8911 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8911.pdf. I also had rebates offered by power company but those vary. I know my dads even got a option for a fully installed one for free up to $1000 as long as he subscribes to their surveys.
I've only ever needed the full 48A support a few times on spontaneous trips where it was a case where I needed 10% more fast.

That would be great news if true.
I found this

"
Alternative Fuel Refueling Property Credit – Section 30C

• Section 30C – a currently expired tax credit for alternative fuel refueling property, such as electric charging stations or hydrogen fuel cell recharging stations, would be extended through 2032 and equal a maximum of 30% of the property’s cost.The credit is limited to $100,000 per item of property (increased from $30,000 under existing law).
  • To qualify for the maximum 30% credit, the taxpayer will need to ensure that laborers and mechanics employed in the construction of the facilities meet new prevailing wage and apprenticeship requirements similar to those that the IRA would apply to new renewable energy projects.The credit for projects that do not meet these requirements is reduced to 6%."

Here’s something I designed. No need to remove adapter by hand. Just insert into this receptacle, squeeze trigger and remove. Then store handle in Chargepoint receptacle. Reverse to use. There’s a small tab inside to firmly grasp the adapter. Screws into stud or anchor through one hole in back. Happy to share STL.

That's exactly when I have been searching forever for. I have a Wallbox for my Chevy Bolt we have had for like 6 months. Now just picked up a Model Y this weekend. Anyway you can provide the the STL?

Thanks!

The wage/apprenticeship requirement may effectively prevent most consumers from claiming this credit. How many electricians installing residential NEMA 14-50 plugs or EVSEs would provide suitable proof of meeting this requirement?
A sole proprietor licensed electrician should be not a problem, and the larger firms should get used to providing this kind of documentation. The consumer will have to learn to ask this question before hiring.

That's exactly when I have been searching forever for. I have a Wallbox for my Chevy Bolt we have had for like 6 months. Now just picked up a Model Y this weekend. Anyway you can provide the the STL?

Thanks!
Here you go. I printed in 25% infill PETG. You can use some sand paper to smooth the retaining bump to suit your needs. Mine has been installed for 2 years and is still working great. Grab and go!

Attachments

• Tesla 1772 Adapter Holder.png
    Tesla 1772 Adapter Holder.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Tesla 1772 Adapter Holder.zip
    472.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin