Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Charger Wait Time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to wait for the Grizl-E Duo wall charger but it appears it won't be available in Canada for several months, and just got a notice that my Y is due now in March vs the June date I had in my app as of 2 weeks ago. So probably need to finalize a wall charger.

Seems the Tesla one is probably the best (and decently priced) option. So I added it to my cart, was about to click "order", but realized there is nothing that tells me whether they are in stock or if I'm just going to end up in some several month wait. Anyone order one recently?

If it does not have the out of stock flag (see attached photo) then is should be in stock. If you are really worried I would reach out to your local Tesla store and have them confirm stock levels.

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 15.52.52.png

Reactions: Big Earl
Unless you are installing the wall charger outdoors, just get an outlet installed and use the mobile connector that comes with the car, get the nema 14-50 adapter, once you do get your wall connector just hook up a cable to it and plug it in. If anything goes wrong you just unplug it and use the mobile one, and its easy to replace without having to get an electrician to come in. Family comes to visit in their non tesla ev in the future, now you have a nice plug for them to use. No need to worry about the wall connector arriving late, unless you really need to charge your car 20% quicker because you don't sleep like the rest of us.

Unless you are installing the wall charger outdoors, just get an outlet installed and use the mobile connector that comes with the car, get the nema 14-50 adapter, once you do get your wall connector just hook up a cable to it and plug it in. If anything goes wrong you just unplug it and use the mobile one, and its easy to replace without having to get an electrician to come in. Family comes to visit in their non tesla ev in the future, now you have a nice plug for them to use. No need to worry about the wall connector arriving late, unless you really need to charge your car 20% quicker because you don't sleep like the rest of us.
Is it really only 20% faster? How long is the cable that comes with the car?

I ordered one on Monday (24') and it's scheduled to be delivered this upcoming Monday (Dec 13). Not bad considering it's shipped from California

I thought about doing the plug and while it may be a more versatile option, I wanted to keep the UMC in my car and not have to keep plugging and unplugging when I go to work, etc.

I figured the cost of another UMC is about 350 plus the 14-50 adapter is about $400. Decided to just splurge and spend 300 more to get the nice Wall charger.