Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wall connector and snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I’d like to install a Tesla wall connector near the driveway of my cabin (Big Bear, California). This area gets several feet of snow per year. Therefore the wall connector would be exposed to the elements. I know the Tesla website states the wall connector has an indoor/outdoor design, but does anyone know how the connector would hold up to “extreme” weather conditions?

The connector would be installed out in the open.

I live in NY with plenty of snow and ice. Never had a problem with my wall connector from it. The end that plugs in the car is protected if it was put away properly beforehand, and the rest is weatherproof. Just be careful how you clear the cover plate if it ices over (you don’t need to unless you need to see the green pulsing LEDs), as it’s made of glass.

Sure it’s weather resistant , but being an electric device, would it not be better to protect it?

https://www.amazon.com/BMZX-Organizer-Distribution-Connector-Protective/dp/B07SPR2GND?th=1

72888087-2742-4A95-9AEC-A8B85F12B92D.png

They have these wall connectors outside numerous business and hotels across the world for years. I'm sure you'll take care of it better than what the public chargers see. I'd have zero concern and wouldn't bother trying to protect it from the elements

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H