TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Wall Connector Charger HPWC Gen 1

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by gimmi80, May 10, 2017.

1. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

Hi

Moving to new house. Today I'm taking down the Tesla HPWC and I'm thinking that at the new place I will just setup a NEMA 14-50. My car has a single charger so I'm not really using all of its potential. But I like the convenience of the HPWC versus having to plug and unplug the mobile connector.

If there is still market for a Gen 1 Tesla HPWC I would sell it. It was expensive when I purchased it but I know that now they reduced the price considerably.

It is in like new conditions, has been used daily with no problems. Purchased in 5/2015 with the car.
    I am looking at $450 (free shipping).

2. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

just fyi the brand new HPWC Gen2's are only $500 brand new. the price for used HPWC, especially 1st gen, has dropped significantly. i know we paid about $1200 originally, but they generally sell around $300 now and I've seen a few sell for as low as $200 now.

• Like x 1
  4. scharlesjr

scharlesjr Member

Outside of significant price diff what's the difference between gen 1 & gen 2 hpwc's?

5. EVJunkie

EVJunkie Member

Gen 2 are "smarter" as they can be installed on one circuit with a few other wall chargers and load balance. I saw a one NIB sell recently for $400 and used from $2-300 as mentioned. Might be better off keeping it :-/

• Helpful x 1
  6. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

I'll keep it then.
    Moderator you can delete/close the post as needed.
    Thanks