Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall connector commissioning issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because it doesn't update to the latest software version. Mine is on 21.36.5 and there is at least one more recent version: 22.70.0. It should update automatically. It doesn't and the process needs to be fixed.
First, what does it really help you with thinking you need to be on the latest version?
And secondly, yes it will update to the latest version. People get impatient, thinking it needs to do that immediately, so they start with this tinkering and downloading and forcing manual updates, which isn't necessary. This has been seen that in a week or two, as it communicates with Tesla, they poll the installed connectors, and the updates get sent out. The updates with the cars have worked this way too, where they get rolled out in batches over time. People have always been impatient with that too, but didn't have a way to force it to go sooner; they just created threads here on the forum, complaining about how their car hadn't updated yet.

Thank you Halldawg and nv30x6. Charging works fine. I am just trying to make sure the charger has the latest software in case an update becomes critical. nv30x6, I got to the Service screen with your suggestion. My question at this point is, which firmware file should I download and where do I get it? It gives me 3 option from"choose file" Photo Library, Take photo or video and Choose file. Which file do I upload and use? Thanks for your help.
I agree- found this thread after working for an hour, trying to get the page to load on an iphone. Appreciate the advice, switching to an ipad- that worked great.

Reactions: Halldawg
First, what does it really help you with thinking you need to be on the latest version?
I don't know, but I want to make sure that it is up-to-date. Perhaps the update I didn't get was critical and I would not have known about it.
And secondly, yes it will update to the latest version. People get impatient, thinking it needs to do that immediately
Well I have had the car over 2 months and it has not updated during that time. Am I being impatient when a process does not update in that period?
I think not and I appreciate nv30x6 for sharing his work around.

Reactions: Rocky_H
New install yesterday. After install by electrician, I start steps to connect to and set up wifi. Can get to the page where the wall connector is shown with Part Number and Serial Number, but get spinning icon under it that does not go away. I have searched on this forum and internet without finding solution. Tried airplane mode, home wifi off even Bluetooth off but not resolved. Thanks in advance for any help. View attachment 801805
I had this same issue when installing my Tesla wall charger (gen 3). After I connected to the wall charger's WiFi (which was successful), I then tried to connect to the website address (192.168.92.1). This took me to a page where it displayed an image of tesla wall charger and displayed the serial number of my wall charger. But the spinning circle would never stop.

To fix this I did two steps:

1. As @ATPMSD said above, connect to "http://192.168.92.1/wifi" (with the 'wifi' ending on the URL). This will allow you to manually add your regular WiFi network that the wall charger will connect to. Once that has been added, ensure #2 below is also not an issue.

2. With step #1 done, I tried again. It turned out my WiFi router was too far away for my wall charger for it to connect easily. Once I moved my router closer (actually higher up in the air), the wall charger was able to connect to it and I was then able to configure everything about my Tesla wall charger! Success! So make sure you are in range of your router.

Hope this helps anyone else experiencing the endless loading symbol.

Reactions: Rocky_H