Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall connector commissioning issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New install yesterday. After install by electrician, I start steps to connect to and set up wifi. Can get to the page where the wall connector is shown with Part Number and Serial Number, but get spinning icon under it that does not go away. I have searched on this forum and internet without finding solution. Tried airplane mode, home wifi off even Bluetooth off but not resolved. Thanks in advance for any help.
3.jpg

Im not sure i follow but are you going to your device wifi settings and switching your WiFi concoction to the wall connector?
It creates its own wifi network, i think you have to connect your device to that If I am remembering correctly.
You will have to switch the breaker off and back on too to initiate the wifi in the wall connector

Reactions: mswlogo
You will have to switch the breaker off and back on too to initiate the wifi in the wall connector
You can also hold the button on the charging handle down for 5-10 seconds to get the same effect.

OP should have their phone in airplane mode, then re-enable wifi on the phone, but connect to the WIFI supplied by the wall connector, not some home wifi. The install manual should have a QR code for the WIFI password et al, and another totally separate QR code that gets you to 192.168.92.1. OP will get the symptoms he's describing if the HPWC gets connected to his home network and then goes to the newly-assigned ip address(notably not 192.168.92.1) from a web browser on his home network. The key is to get to the WIFI supplied by the HPWC.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and Alset2
I have done those steps. Connected to the wall connectors wifi signal, gone to the address using the QR code and this is what is there. Have done it in airplane mode and not in airplane mode and get the same screen with the loading circle below it. Nothing else shows up. I am stuck here.

I had the same problem. I grabbed a laptop, downloaded the newest firmware/software for the wall connector and pushed it to it. After that, the wall connector pages started to load.

Just an FYI for someone else trying to figure out this endless loop.
Thanks for your reply. Glad it's not just me. I think of myself is being pretty good with technology but I may be wrong. May just be me but my process was anything but straightforward.

I have had a difficult time too - much like Halldawg. I have successfully maneuvered through the connection of the Wi-Fi (shows a connected green dot and check mark), the installation (shows max output: 48A) and the Access Controls (shows Allowed vehicles for charging: Only Tesla). I have done nothing with the Power Sharing as I only have one Tesla. Software shows Version: 21.36.5 and no updates available. I do NOT get the message that says "Successfully Completed". Am I done? Shoudln't I get that final message? I also have a spinning loading circle. Help!

Reactions: Halldawg
I had the same problem. An offline firmware update allowed me to start the commissioning process. The firmware Tesla shipped on my unit was flat out broken.

Download the latest firmware here:

Navigate to http://192.168.92.1/service (NOT /update, that didn't work for me!)

Then finally select the firmware file you downloaded and click "Upload". After a bit the WC will reboot and you should be able to commission it.

@LodiEVFan, this might also help your issue. At the time of writing this will update to 22.7.0.

I have had a difficult time too - much like Halldawg. I have successfully maneuvered through the connection of the Wi-Fi (shows a connected green dot and check mark), the installation (shows max output: 48A) and the Access Controls (shows Allowed vehicles for charging: Only Tesla). I have done nothing with the Power Sharing as I only have one Tesla. Software shows Version: 21.36.5 and no updates available. I do NOT get the message that says "Successfully Completed". Am I done? Shoudln't I get that final message? I also have a spinning loading circle. Help!
I ended in the same place. Works fine as a friend charged over the weekend with no issues. I think it should work if you stop here.

Thank you Halldawg and nv30x6. Charging works fine. I am just trying to make sure the charger has the latest software in case an update becomes critical. nv30x6, I got to the Service screen with your suggestion. My question at this point is, which firmware file should I download and where do I get it? It gives me 3 option from"choose file" Photo Library, Take photo or video and Choose file. Which file do I upload and use? Thanks for your help.

Thank you Halldawg and nv30x6. Charging works fine. I am just trying to make sure the charger has the latest software in case an update becomes critical. nv30x6, I got to the Service screen with your suggestion. My question at this point is, which firmware file should I download and where do I get it? It gives me 3 option from"choose file" Photo Library, Take photo or video and Choose file. Which file do I upload and use? Thanks for your help.
Here's a direct link to the download. Once downloaded, you should be able to select "Choose File" and then "WC3-NA-2270-20220418bin.signed".

nv30x6 - I must be a complete klutz. I downloaded that file, chose it and then hit UPLOAD. What I get next is an almost completely blank page with:
{"error": -1}. This process is so much more involved that Tesla NEEDS to fix this soon. Any suggestions for what I do now? Thanks again!

nv30x6 - I must be a complete klutz. I downloaded that file, chose it and then hit UPLOAD. What I get next is an almost completely blank page with:
{"error": -1}. This process is so much more involved that Tesla NEEDS to fix this soon. Any suggestions for what I do now? Thanks again!
There must be something wrong- mine said "{ "success": 0}". It's possible yours has some other issue or perhaps your hardware is unique in some way that it can't be updated yet (parts shortage changes). I'd reach out to Tesla at this point.

Reactions: LodiEVFan