Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector FW 1.4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was getting the 3 flashing red lights (along with green stream while charging) on my wall connector. I called the support line (510-249-2490, option 2). They pushed a firmware update to it. It is now 1.4.4 and it looks like the interface changed a little. I held the button down for several seconds to put it back in broadcast SSID mode and connected to it.

The Installation box was red, I went into it and selected United States (amperage was still configured). I noticed another field "Access Controls" that I hadn't seen before. In it you can select "All Vehicles" and "Only Tesla". I guess that is for the Destination Charger crowd.

Not sure if the new FW will fix my problem. I'll try charging later tonight when the SOC is a little lower to give it plenty of time "overheat". IMG_6851.PNG IMG_6852.PNG IMG_6853.PNG IMG_6854.PNG IMG_6855.PNG IMG_6856.PNG IMG_6857.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Wondering how everyone else in the similar dreaded three red light thread were making out? I took delivery of a brand new MY yesterday afternoon. My Gen 3 charger was brand new install yesterday morning. First chance to charge last night and it’s been the three red lights as well. After monkeying around last night a bit I was able to get it to at least stay on and charge, but at 50% capacity. I installed a brand new 40 amp circuit so 32A should be my normal draw. It stayed on with the red lights but at only 16A. To make matters worse, the included 120v charger doesn’t work either...not a very happy first time customer!

How does one check the FW version. These days? In the past I used to be able to check by connecting over HTTP to see.

When connecting to the IP via a browser I just end up with the following message:

Part Number
1457768-01-F
Serial Number
XXXXXXXXX
Tesla Wall Connector
Wall Connector cannot be configured on this network. Please follow installation instructions on .

You need to restart it by pressing the button on the handle for ~10secs (you can also turn the breaker off instead). When it starts flashing, connect to its Wi-Fi and browse to 192.168.92.1 (or whatever the initial ip was). It should show all of the config info.

I gave up. They got my money, I have a broken HPWC v3. I have a job, I don't need another job of doing Tesla's troubleshooting for them.
I'm unhappy with the product and don't trust it anymore, but they refuse to let me return it.

At least they are making it easier for other EV makers to come to market. Tesla is setting a very low bar for EV customer service.

I was able to get mine working by doubling back on my installation. It was advised or at least mentioned by a few people in other threads, but I hadn’t torqued the terminations tight enough. I didn’t have a torque driver with readout to determine my psf, so I ran to a local bike shop that loaned one to me for an hour. I wasn’t even close to 50 psf, and when I got it to the correct number everything went to rainbows and unicorns...

Reactions: mociaf9 and duunoit
I was able to get mine working by doubling back on my installation. It was advised or at least mentioned by a few people in other threads, but I hadn’t torqued the terminations tight enough. I didn’t have a torque driver with readout to determine my psf, so I ran to a local bike shop that loaned one to me for an hour. I wasn’t even close to 50 psf, and when I got it to the correct number everything went to rainbows and unicorns...
Installation manual specifies "50 lbf . in"
I hope you were using a torque wrench for "in-lbs" and not "ft-lbs" (I can't imagine the plastic could handle 50 ft-lbs :D):
This one --> 1/4 in. Drive Click Type Torque Wrench
NOT this one --> 3/8 in. Drive Click Type Torque Wrench

Attachments

• Torque.JPG
    Torque.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: RNHurt
Reactions: duunoit