Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector Gen 3 18' + EVSE Adapters Tesla Extension Cord vs JuiceBox 48 25'

Which solution would you choose?

• Tesla Wall Connector Gen 3 w/ 18' cord + EVSE Tesla Extension Cord

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Enel-x JuiceBox 48 w/ 25' cord

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to install a home charging connector at our cottage. It will be outdoors under an overhang. There is no possibility to bring the wall connector closer to the car or to change the orientation of how the car will be parked.

With backing in due to the way the driveway is setup I can just reach with a 25' cable, the Tesla Connector Gen 3 18' won't reach, tried it.

With this said would you look to get an EVSE Tesla Extension Cord with a Tesla Wall Connector Gen 3 18' cord which would give me lots of flexibility OR would you select a Enel-x JuiceBox 48 with 25' cord. The Enel-x gets poor reviews for cable flexibility when it's cold, temperatures can reach -20C during winter, though we are not using the cottage much during winter.

Would love to hear what you'd pick, and most importantly why....

Thank you all for your responses!

Since you mentioned the flexibility of the charging cord in winter temperatures being a concern I suggest you look at the Grizzl-E Level 2 EV Charger, (16/24/32/40 Amp, NEMA 6-50/14-50 Plug 24 feet Premium Cable, Indoor/Outdoor Car Charging Station (Premium Cable - Avalanche Edition). https://www.amazon.com/Grizzl-Charger-Premium-Regular-Charging/dp/B08Q22651D/

As far as I am aware the Grizzl-E Level 2 EVSE is the only EVSE that has an option for a premium charging cable (24 ft.) that remains flexible in sub zero temperatures. Made in Canada.

Here is a review:
Review: The Grizzl-E, A Tough 40-Amp EV Home Charger Built For The Outdoors

The Grizzl-E EVSE comes with either a 6-50 or a 14-50 power plug but can be hard wired by an electrician.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
I have the Gen3 Wall Connector with the 24' cord; it is attached to the outside of the house. I'm out in the county so I charge in my gravel driveway instead of the garage. I back in and so does my wife. The 24' cord reaches to both cars. But backing-in is a real pain; that is one thing that Tesla should automate just like what is needed for backing into Superchargers.

However, if I had a more configured (formal) driveway setup I would have gotten the Tesla Pedestal and run buried conduit over to it to use a shorter cord on the Tesla Wall connector. My driveway is gravel, so burying conduit is trivial.

Note that 24' is the longest NEC length allowed -- shorter is fine.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021