Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wall connector installation cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The install includes a smart panel that sends metering data to the management office. We are not on time of use in this older building so we will be charged $0.11 kW/hr
That’s an awesome thing to hear, such a large retrofit in an existing condo. I just did an install to my own parking spot with no shared infrastructure.
Where did the number 42 come from? Are the parking spots all individually owned or was it condo-owned, assigned parking?

I say go with 6AWG so you can have 48A @ 240v which is pretty damn close to 70A @205v. Foot long jumping sparks and all. First I have heard of that happening, when I was younger we had a paddling pool, it was about 50ft long and you could dive in it, when I got older it shrunk to 5ft. But if you don’t know what you are doing maybe you can call a friend who does, as long as you shut the panel down and don’t install the breaker until you double check everything nothing will happen. In fact you could run the wire to the panel, but the breaker, fit the Wall connector and get someone to hook it up. Most of the cost is for wrestling with the wires.
Or just hire a professional.....

That’s an awesome thing to hear, such a large retrofit in an existing condo. I just did an install to my own parking spot with no shared infrastructure.
Where did the number 42 come from? Are the parking spots all individually owned or was it condo-owned, assigned parking?
The parking spots are condo-owned by the individuals. The number 42 came from the capacity of the smart panel. There are 2 - 200 amp panels. Each of the 42 breakers is 30 amp. The smart panel can load shed up to 42 chargers. If more cars connect than the panel can handle it "sheds" some of the chargers is 30 min increments. This won't be a problem as very rarely will all the cars charge at the same time. Mine sits in the parking spot for days at a time. We felt this method was the most cost effective.

Thanks. Makes total sense and it’s the best setup where parking is condo-owned. In mine everyone owns their parking outright and I did not think any non-EV owner would be interested in swapping their parking to set up a row of EV-ready spots.

Thanks. Makes total sense and it’s the best setup where parking is condo-owned. In mine everyone owns their parking outright and I did not think any non-EV owner would be interested in swapping their parking to set up a row of EV-ready spots.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. The Parking spots are owned by the individuals that own their condo. Each spot is deeded.

Honestly I think this is bad advice if you don't know what you're doing with electrical. It's super dangerous, when I was younger the panel was open as they were doing work, I literally did not touch anything but I pointed at something inside the panel (a good foot away) and the electricity jumped and shocked me pretty bad (like a taser or maybe worse). Lucky no lasting damage (I hope! lol).

The two hot contact screws of a 240v breaker are less than an inch apart for 240V to jump a foot you would be almost impossible over air.

I added a 60 amp sub panel to my garage it was 15M of 6-3 wire and a 60 amp sub panel with 12 breaker locations a 60amp and 20amp breaker. My wife needed 20amps for her PHEV. Total cost was $350.00 all Square D parts.

I agree that you shouldn't do this if you are not a handy person but the work is pretty easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Mine was done for $580 including tax and inspection on 60amp breaker on 100amp panel. Panel was right in garage next to it so it was a bit cheaper. I used peter @ Sigma Electric - Home he’s a real nice guy for all electric work Toronto area

View attachment 339124

Hey just came across your post. How did this work even pass the ESA inspection? 60 amp run on a 100 amp panel would be way over your allowable capacity with other electric appliances wouldnt it? i would think the ESA inspector would fail the work and make you upgrade your panel to 200 amps.

Hey just came across your post. How did this work even pass the ESA inspection? 60 amp run on a 100 amp panel would be way over your allowable capacity with other electric appliances wouldnt it? i would think the ESA inspector would fail the work and make you upgrade your panel to 200 amps.

Not sure lol no questions asked! I haven’t had any issues most my house is led lights and also gas stove.