Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector IPhone/IPad issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve successfully had my Gen 3 Wall Connector installed and went through the commissioning process and updated the firmware on the connector.

When I trigger the Gen 3 to omit the Wi-Fi SSID I can join it on my iPhone and iPad and then go to the IP address to view but it won’t bring up the whole web UI menu from the charger , I just get a pic of a wall connector, my serial number and a spinning circle underneath -

Currently running the latest IOS firmware and the same for the wall connector

The work around is for me to use my lap top which works fine but is not ideal if I want to make a quick setting change.

Has anyone experienced this or have a suggestion for a solution.
Everything seems to be working fine but IOS devices just don’t want to play ball

I’ve successfully had my Gen 3 Wall Connector installed and went through the commissioning process and updated the firmware on the connector.

When I trigger the Gen 3 to omit the Wi-Fi SSID I can join it on my iPhone and iPad and then go to the IP address to view but it won’t bring up the whole web UI menu from the charger , I just get a pic of a wall connector, my serial number and a spinning circle underneath -

The work around is for me to use my lap top which works fine but is not ideal if I want to make a quick setting change.

Everything seems to be working fine but IOS devices just don’t want to play ball
Yes! Misery loves company :) We actually put in our tesla charger with a a

Misery loves company ☹ We are in the same boat as you. The iPhone/iPad appear to “hang” when looking at the charger for the installation details. Multiple attempts to refresh “sometimes” will give you more of the info such as Alerts, etc. and I’ve gotten the installation details at times. I thought we messed up the installation! Our Tesla continues to be delayed, but I have a spiffy charger installed.

In the end, I did as you. I ended up using a Windows laptop and was able to retrieve all the info. Annoying I agree. I change my Wi-Fi password at different intervals so using the interface will be required.

Surprised more people aren’t’ reporting the same issue. Figured the installation / verification would work flawless for the fancy new Tesla charger. I just need a Tesla to try it on (now August).

Yes! Misery loves company :) We actually put in our tesla charger with a a

Misery loves company ☹ We are in the same boat as you. The iPhone/iPad appear to “hang” when looking at the charger for the installation details. Multiple attempts to refresh “sometimes” will give you more of the info such as Alerts, etc. and I’ve gotten the installation details at times. I thought we messed up the installation! Our Tesla continues to be delayed, but I have a spiffy charger installed.

In the end, I did as you. I ended up using a Windows laptop and was able to retrieve all the info. Annoying I agree. I change my Wi-Fi password at different intervals so using the interface will be required.

Surprised more people aren’t’ reporting the same issue. Figured the installation / verification would work flawless for the fancy new Tesla charger. I just need a Tesla to try it on (now August).
I guess you only really need to have access to the web UI when allowing or disallowing 3rd party vehicle charging but it is a pain. I don’t like the constant SSID broadcast either but I expect it will be sorted with a firmware update. I contacted Tesla who completely misunderstood what I was saying but each email takes 3 weeks to get a reply even if I replied instantly to the last message from them.

in and working, you won’t need to change a
If it’s in and working, you won’t need to change any settings again. Set it so it can charge all cars (because, why not?) and leave it be.
In my situation, I will. My WiFi password changes at defined intervals. I'll just need to address it with a laptop.

Thanks Bobby_Dazzler for posting. Helps knowing others have the same "feature".

If you are using an iPhone temporarily turn off "Private Relay (Beta)"

Go to your settings menu, tap on Your Name>iCloud>Private Relay (Beta)>Private Relay (Beta) >Toggle this off.
Once your set up is up and working you can toggle it back on.