Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wall connector not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

FINALLY got my new car home, hooked up the Tesla wall connector last week. Lights are on. Was able to connect it to my wifi. Showing the output is 48amps via the interface, however when I plug it into my car to charge, the light on the charging port stays blue same with the wall connector itself and the screen says “charging stopped”

I tried my mobile connector to test and make sure no issues, and that’s charging the car fine (but just super slow)

Anybody see this before? Any ideas? Anything to try?

Thanks!

The settings on the connector interface was set to only allow authorized teslas, however nothing was set up. Why it was defaulted to that is beyond me. Changed it to Tesla only and boom…. All is well.
A good example for others who might have the same problem in the future if they happen upon this thread.

Your wall connector appears to be a Gen 3 (since you said it has WiFi). I have a Gen2 wall connector sitting in a box in my garage (no WiFi). I may eventually get it connected but I don't believe that version has any kind of option to control access. If I'm not mistaken, it will allow anyone with a Tesla to use it; not that I'm going to install it outside my garage for any Tom, Dick or Harriet to use. But it does highlight the differences between hardware that some people may not realize.

Reactions: SkunkApe
For this who might ever have this same issue on the gen 3, hold down the button on the charger handle to make the SSID for the charger discoverable via wifi. Connect to it, go to the internal IP address to get to the wall connector interface. If the below is set to authorized Teslas only, just click on it and change it to all teslas, or just set it up for your car only as it’s probably blank.

7A2F88F0-4C1B-4E54-8FCD-D1FE7960C3B0.jpeg

A good example for others who might have the same problem in the future if they happen upon this thread.

Your wall connector appears to be a Gen 3 (since you said it has WiFi). I have a Gen2 wall connector sitting in a box in my garage (no WiFi). I may eventually get it connected but I don't believe that version has any kind of option to control access. If I'm not mistaken, it will allow anyone with a Tesla to use it; not that I'm going to install it outside my garage for any Tom, Dick or Harriet to use. But it does highlight the differences between hardware that some people may not realize.
Gen 2s dont have any option to control access, it will allow anyone to use it (teslas,or other cars with a connector that makes a connection).