Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall connector - Rebate? How much?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI All,

I just ordered my Tesla Model Y LR and wanted to get started on Wall connector. We plan to get another Tesla down the road so was wondering if getting a Tesla wall connector would be a good option? How much is approximate installation? Any rebate offered on it? I live in CA.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks
pgCoco

There are or will be options to load share on 2 Tesla wall connectors. I’m not sure if it’s out yet or a to come feature though. For rebates the IRS has Form 8911 which gives you a 30% rebate up to $1000 on costs incurred of installing an EV charger at home (labor and parts). That includes just installing a plug and using the mobile charger that comes with the car. You should check with your electric company for rebates. A lot offer $300-$500 rebates on chargers, but usually only with certain brands they can gather data from, e.g. not Tesla’s. We bought a ChargePoint home flex and get $500 back for using it and switching to a time of use plan