Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall connector - Rebate? How much?

pgcoco

Sep 12, 2021
Rancho Cordova
HI All,

I just ordered my Tesla Model Y LR and wanted to get started on Wall connector. We plan to get another Tesla down the road so was wondering if getting a Tesla wall connector would be a good option? How much is approximate installation? Any rebate offered on it? I live in CA.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks
pgCoco

dogmodes

Jun 6, 2018
Michigan, USA
There are or will be options to load share on 2 Tesla wall connectors. I’m not sure if it’s out yet or a to come feature though. For rebates the IRS has Form 8911 which gives you a 30% rebate up to $1000 on costs incurred of installing an EV charger at home (labor and parts). That includes just installing a plug and using the mobile charger that comes with the car. You should check with your electric company for rebates. A lot offer $300-$500 rebates on chargers, but usually only with certain brands they can gather data from, e.g. not Tesla’s. We bought a ChargePoint home flex and get $500 back for using it and switching to a time of use plan

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC