TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Wallpaper Browser App

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by theheff, May 29, 2015.

1. theheff

theheff Member

This is a bit of a shameless plug, but also a request for feedback on a Model S-specific website I thought of and built today. It's very simple - basically, this website will cycle through a gallery of Model S photos that I am currently working on expanding. It's just a simple feature to highlight the beauty of the Model S and maybe even display some eye-candy for passengers.

If you'd like to try out what I have so far (especially on the car browser), it's teslawallpaper.com.

Some of the features I'd like to add:
    • A Pause Button
    • A way to adjust the refresh speed
    • ?

Some of the questions I have for you:
    • What's an ideal photo cycle time for you? Currently it's set at 5 minutes.
    • Would full-screen support be useful? Currently it's designed to use half, assuming that most people use the screen for other functions.
    • Is there any other useful information that should be added? For example, a clock or current weather info, for instance. I know other apps handle this right now.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

I have built over 100 slide shows and part of my video business. I would always set the slide duration at 5-8 seconds.....definitely not more than 10. At 5 minutes you wonder if its ever going to change. Don't know if its possible but could you have a touch point which would manually change pics. Would be happy to supply you some pics. I am an avid photog.

3. theheff

theheff Member

I actually lowered it to a minute earlier today after thinking about it some more. I guess the manual refresh would be the same thing as the browser refresh button, but I'd like to implement a minor menu with a refresh, pause, and interval setting. If you want to share pictures that can be used, that would be awesome! Feel free to send them to [email protected]. Thanks for the feedback.