Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla warranty now has 8 year/infinite mile battery & drive unit warranty retroactive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. Thank you Elon! I think this means that Tesla now has enough repair data and analysis on the S to understand that many of the drive unit replacements they have done were not needed and the noise issues were from other sources, as Elon detailed in the most recent earnings call, so that Tesla can offer this new improved warranty without negatively impacting their bottom line long term.

This is really impressive. I am in awe of the engineering.

Ahhhh finally ! I was always suggesting this as it made no sense to me to tell the clients the drive train is good for 1 million miles and then warrant it for less than a Hyundai !!

Anyone that mentions Hyundai 10 year 100k mile powertrain warranty should be made aware of the scam that it is.

If you don't get a ridiculous amount of servicing done at a Hyundai dealership they will find some fine print to deny your warranty claim. It is against the law to force customers to service their cars at company dealerships but they can stipulate what service requirements must done to a car to qualify for the warranty. And it is an obscene amount.

There might be a good dealer here and there to fight for their clients but in general that Hyundai warranty is a marketing scam.

Awesome. Thank you Elon! I think this means that Tesla now has enough repair data and analysis on the S to understand that many of the drive unit replacements they have done were not needed and the noise issues were from other sources, as Elon detailed in the most recent earnings call, so that Tesla can offer this new improved warranty without negatively impacting their bottom line long term.

This is really impressive. I am in awe of the engineering.

Even if there was a significant problem, extending the warranty and eating the cost is the right thing to do. They should stand by their product and their claims. While they are at it , they should double the general warranty to 100k anyway. Might as well just have the best overall warranty program of all car manufacturers ever. lol