Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our snakes twirl around and play jazz as we pass each other

1627580507391.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Exelion and CSTARZZ
Upvote 0
In addition to my MYP, I also own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and have owned various other Jeeps (CJs and Wranglers). I give and get a half dozen Jeep waves anytime I drive the Jeep. I've gotten one Tesla wave (two if you count a wave from the guy in the Tesla mobile service van). I'm not trying to Tesla wave and I don't see it happening.

• Funny
Reactions: CSTARZZ
Upvote 0
LOL, you can't use Boombox while driving.

wtf is the Jeep wave? lol a Budweiser and a yeehaww? lol jk but seriously what is it

It's been a thing for a very long time; Jeep owners wave to each other. Not so much the soccer mom Jeeps, but mostly Wranglers and XJs. And now Gladiators, sort of. I'll wave to any built four-wheeler, we're all into the same thing.

In fact, it's so recognized, that Jeep offers a program called "WAVE" when you buy certain Jeeps that gives free services for the first two years. "Drop off your Jeep and wave bye."

Upvote 0
wtf is the Jeep wave? lol a Budweiser and a yeehaww? lol jk but seriously what is it

It could be the most ridiculous thing ever:

How Do You Use the Jeep Wave?​

Essentially, the Jeep Wave hierarchy is based on how well your Jeep fits the purpose of the original Jeeps and how much you use it for the things that Jeeps were meant to be used for.

Higher-ranked drivers return the Wave while lower-ranked drivers initiate it.

So how do you put this into play while you’re driving down the road?

• Do some quick calculations based on your observation of the other Jeep.
  • Once you’ve determined who outranks the other, wait for the Wave if higher rank.
  • Initiate the Wave if you’re lower rank.
The Wave itself usually consists of a vigorous side-to-side waving of one hand, but there are acceptable variations such as the wave with the index finger done with the thumb holding the steering wheel.

There’s also a variation of the variation, which is a two-finger wave with the hand still on the wheel.

• Funny
Reactions: chisss
Upvote 0
It could be the most ridiculous thing ever:

How Do You Use the Jeep Wave?​

Essentially, the Jeep Wave hierarchy is based on how well your Jeep fits the purpose of the original Jeeps and how much you use it for the things that Jeeps were meant to be used for.

Higher-ranked drivers return the Wave while lower-ranked drivers initiate it.

So how do you put this into play while you’re driving down the road?

• Do some quick calculations based on your observation of the other Jeep.
  • Once you’ve determined who outranks the other, wait for the Wave if higher rank.
  • Initiate the Wave if you’re lower rank.
The Wave itself usually consists of a vigorous side-to-side waving of one hand, but there are acceptable variations such as the wave with the index finger done with the thumb holding the steering wheel.

There’s also a variation of the variation, which is a two-finger wave with the hand still on the wheel.
The whole "calculation/score" or "style of wave" part of the Jeep wave is tongue in cheek. In reality, Jeep Wrangler owners usually just wave at other Jeep Wrangler owners when they see each other. The mall crawlers are the least likely to return a wave, however.

Upvote 0