Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to drive distinctive vehicles. And I like to wave at fellow owners. The ways in which the vehicles are distinctive, and the mutual waving, can vary tremendously.

Examples:
- While riding my current EV, a Vectrix VX-1, I've only seen another a couple of times. But each time my wave has been enthusiastically reciprocated.
- In my daughter's E21 BMW I wave at similar-vintage E21s, E12s, E24s and E30s, and usually get a wave back.
- The neighbours hate my '76 F150, but it gets waves from all sorts of folk. Particularly '70s and '80s Ford and Chevy trucks. Jeep drivers seem to like it, too.
- The '74 Charger gets waves, grins and stares from pretty much everyone.
- My wife's '93 Saab convertible attracts waves from other pre-'94 Saabs, and most post-'94 Saab convertibles.
- Even while driving the 2012 Explorer, I wave at other ones of the same colour. Mostly to embarrass the (teenage) children. They never wave back, usually because the drivers are too busy texting.

When I get my Model X I will wave relentlessly at every Tesla I see. I might even throw a respectful grin at Leafs and whatnot. Prii I shall simply leave for dust.

Back in the late 1950's I was fortunate to own a used 1954 Austin Healey. Back then very few Americans owned European sports cars and as such---when we approached each other on the roadways---we waved at each other by briefly flashing our headlights at each other. Glad to hear Tesla owners are doing same. We need to get the Wave out more
on this website.

Great way for us fortunate Tesla owners to say HI to our select fraternity of owners. (better than a hand wave)
I am using this "Tesla Wave" and encourage all Tesla owners to do likewise.