Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Waze lost wind and weather radar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla has recently been updated to the 2019.12.1.2 firmware. On teslawaze I can now pinch to zoom, weather radar and wind is there, better than ever.
The only problem I have is when it seems to lose focus on the GPS "allow" pop-up window. Then you might get a blank (typically black) screen. To fix that close the browser and reopen.

Reactions: Sandiegodoug
My Tesla has recently been updated to the 2019.12.1.2 firmware. On teslawaze I can now pinch to zoom, weather radar and wind is there, better than ever.
The only problem I have is when it seems to lose focus on the GPS "allow" pop-up window. Then you might get a blank (typically black) screen. To fix that close the browser and reopen.
I can zoom with fingers but I have no weather or wind. I'm on 2019 12.1.2. The GPS "allow" screen does not appear when you select from favorites until you close the browser and then swipe up from the bottom icon to reopen. This is a bug.

I just added after ----net/ in the URL, ?weather=on and I got the wind and radar back. No resume tracking though after I move the map.

Last edited:
I can zoom with fingers but I have no weather or wind. I'm on 2019 12.1.2. The GPS "allow" screen does not appear when you select from favorites until you close the browser and then swipe up from the bottom icon to reopen. This is a bug.

lolder
Thanks for describing the GPS allow screen bug so well.

I found a work around for the missing wind/weather.

It involves updating your shortcut URL

Just edit the web address in the browser and add this to the end:
?weather=on

Then you should at least be able to see the controls for weather.

You can also set a default zoom in the URL web address the same way.
For example adding &zoom equals some number, the lower the number the wider the view.
Note: numbers lower than 10 are nice for a wide weather map view, but you might not be able to see bogies
ie:
&zoom=10

So a good link for teslawaze with working weather and zoomed out is:
teslawaze.azurewebsites.net/?weather=on&zoom=10

Knowing the wind is very important for highway driving. Energy use increases about 7% per 10 mph headwind component. Tailwind components reduce it about the same. The trip energy graph may alert you to this but I don't think it predicts it.

Setting Icon in Teslawaze brings up this preference screen to set parameters.

2019-05-07_11-09-26.jpg