Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Waze no longer works in browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow I didn't know about Teslaa app , this things works so well. I now have Android Auto running in the browser and it enables playlists, a GUI for YouTube music, google assistant, messages from apps such as WhatsApp. Amazing, this is why we need AA and CarPlay in a Tesla, it already feels so much more superior in functionality.

Reactions: richapps
As a question.
Are there any other markets outside the US where you can use the Browser in Drive?

It's disabled (like all the Games) for me other than in Park in Australia.

We have some pretty nasty rules regarding Video displays, that limits what the driver can see to a very small number of driving related features.

Example of a case where driver was charged because passenger was Facetiming on their own mobile that was visible to driver.

Gps location back in browser. Waze works again
Return of experience after a few weeks: Waze works again... but pay attention as Waze opens: it works for a very limited time: Browser closes after a short while.
It will close in a few second or a few minutes after it loads. No patterns found yet. But that's just what I see.
So nice to have a quick check on what's reported in Waze around my area, but not much more.

That's much more like it, thanks.
It still sucks to have to look down at the charging dock.
It’s always best to keep accessories as close to eye level as possible to avoid having to look down. I’ve accomplished that with a RAM ball mount combined with a QuadLock mount. Easily within reach. QuadLock sells a wireless charging mount, but it seems to have gotten very mixed reviews.

51899375573_0d88889423_z.jpg

51899375538_3946a4746b_z.jpg

Exactly. I ran Waze on my Pixel 6 on the charger while driving 2hrs today, and my phone got wayyy too hot. A great way to roast a battery.
TeslAA was neat but still no good, didn't get Waze to work on my car browser, and running hotspot makes overheating worse.
TeslAA works great on my Pixel 6 Pro. Waze, Google Maps and other Android Auto apps work great for me. I haven't notice the phone battery overheating so far. I tend to use Waze for highway trips and Google Maps for local driving. This approach feels pretty usable and, to me, better than the Tesla Nav which I'm still not getting used to.

They fixed the browser geolocation in 2022.4.5 (and didn't break it in 2022.4.5.3). So I'm good, I prefer the car screen view w/ TeslaWaze.
TeslAA is cool, but more trouble than it's worth for me.
That being said, I don't rule out using it if the situation presents itself.

Waze (location data is not available).
My version is still 2021 and it shows it is already the latest version.
Can I ask tesla to update to 2022.4.5 version?
I am located in Canada.
Tesla navigation told me to turn left at a place that cannot turn left.