Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Waze no longer works in browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Return of experience after a few weeks: Waze works again... but pay attention as Waze opens: it works for a very limited time: Browser closes after a short while.
It will close in a few second or a few minutes after it loads. No patterns found yet. But that's just what I see.
So nice to have a quick check on what's reported in Waze around my area, but not much more.
Upgraded to 2022.4.5.3 a while back, and with this version, Waze runs fine for about one hour or so, then crashes the browser.
I haven't received yet 2022.8.2

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
Since we're talking about browser geolocation support, this site works now too.
If you're parked on a clear day it's kind of fun to do plane spotting!
Very cool app - thanks for sharing!

1650053216534.png

Reactions: Relayer
Since we're talking about browser geolocation support, this site works now too.
If you're parked on a clear day it's kind of fun to do plane spotting!
Since you mentioned geolocation support...
here is a more detailed technical explanation of why the car location now has a more limited resolution from the original Teslawaze developer.

They no longer pass thru the heading information.
Also the latitude/longitude resolution is limited to only 3 decimal points.
This causes the car icon (direction) to jump around, especially in the horizontal position.
Below is the issue. You can see the longitude is only accurate to three decimal places.
That is between 250-500ft of accuracy lost, which is about the size of a city block.
They also use to give heading info, and now that is also not provided.

1649988224309.png

Reactions: moa999 and Relayer
Upgraded to 2022.4.5.3 a while back, and with this version, Waze runs fine for about one hour or so, then crashes the browser.
I haven't received yet 2022.8.2
My 2015 MS90D has this same problem after v11 only in my case it works for 5-10 minutes then the browser goes back to a Tesla start up screen & Google search. Re-selecting the the Waze app works, but is "dangerous" in that it is an unnecessary distraction. Is this new behavior intentional to stop leaving a web page open?

My 2015 MS90D has this same problem after v11 only in my case it works for 5-10 minutes then the browser goes back to a Tesla start up screen & Google search. Re-selecting the the Waze app works, but is "dangerous" in that it is an unnecessary distraction. Is this new behavior intentional to stop leaving a web page open?
Yes, it's annoying and it's been a problem for as long as the geolocation has worked. I've found that rebooting the car os before a trip helps. Not sure after the update. I have a drive this weekend I'll try it out on.
Overall it is much faster than it used to be, But now when it relaunches it selects the search bar and brings up the keyboard, which is worse than just crashing and reloading.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
Since the post you quoted I received 2022.12.3.2
It’s a new browser which finally remembers that I agreed to share the location with that site. Brilliant.
However, now Waze crashed almost immediately… within a minute or two.
I’m happy to see Tesla is still trying to make the browser work but this is a really long journey and we’re not there yet.