Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Waze speed cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should the Tesla Waze website display speed cameras?

I have tried both websites and neither do it.

One website has an option to alert you about the cameras but this has never happened.

Am I doing something wrong?

Using website on the Tesla browser.

I assume this is in Manchester UK? Currently, my database only supports south England (approximately everything south of Cambridge).

Here is a list of supported countries/locations:

*US
*Canada
*Norway
*Sweden
*Denmark
*Netherlands
*Belgium
*Luxembourg
*North France (including Paris)
*West Switzerland (including Geneva)
*South England (includes greater London)

More locations/areas will be added over time based on usage. I'm trying to make sure West Europe is supported as much as time allows, but currently there is not much website traffic coming from there. Norway, where are you guys???

I think the problem is in the US there are very few cameras. In the UK they are every few miles on many motorways and roads.

Speed 10% over the limit and it's a fine of £100 plus and 3 points on your licence. 9 points and you could lose your licence.

Points also increase insurance premiums.

Even the most cautious driver could do 34 in a 30

Now all of the speed cameras have appeared in my are which is great, however the alert does not go off until I've driven about 10 seconds past the camera! The cameras are showing in the correct place.

Is there any fix for this?
Yea, the big problem is that we only get 30 second position updates in the browser, so it's a crap shoot when the update occurs and you are moving. I have been waiting for the new browser (6 months and counting) hoping it will address this issue, if not, I can do some time-based estimate based on your current speed. Once again, that requires more CPU cycles to compute and I'm hoping the new browser we improve the javascript performance so I can do stuff like this.