Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla We Need On Demand Preconditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kandiru

Oct 20, 2014
USA
Listings
All of us former MS/X owners know it. We turn on AC 30min before departure in winter and voila, regen works perfect.

We should demand at least the above, if not a battery precon button on the control.

First I was laughing reading M3 owners needing new brake pads, but now driving one I see why. Scheduled
departures the same time of day do not work for many of us with flexi work hours.

I doubt it will happen soon given the revolving door employer Tesla has become lately thanks to Elon's max profit
tactics.

I sent an email to [email protected], anyone know where we could bombard with mass emails to get results from the zero customer
feedback robot company that Tesla has become of late?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: toolman335
I think the schedule needs better options. Other apps that "control charging" like Optiwatt dont seem to work well if at all for me. I only commute Mon-Thurs but can always work remote if need be. Also in a pinch i'd like to have the option to not have the car preconditioned if my charger is not connected. Yea it will result in a cold start, but i think tweeking it better or giving the option for maybe an "Advanced controls" would be more beneficial

Reactions: Originalando
I might be totally missing something here, but the Model 3 does exactly this. Turn on climate in the app and it preconditions the cabin and battery when needed.
All of us former MS/X owners know it. We turn on AC 30min before departure in winter and voila, regen works perfect.

We should demand at least the above, if not a battery precon button on the control.

First I was laughing reading M3 owners needing new brake pads, but now driving one I see why. Scheduled
departures the same time of day do not work for many of us with flexi work hours.

I doubt it will happen soon given the revolving door employer Tesla has become lately thanks to Elon's max profit
tactics.

I sent an email to [email protected], anyone know where we could bombard with mass emails to get results from the zero customer
What you demand is what we get. I've used these features for years with my Model 3.
Do you need some training?

Reactions: Lindenwood

tactics.

I still can't believe that people turn their climate systems on for 30+ minutes before departure.

tactics.

And one last comment:
What's the issue with brake pads? Do you know how to use one pedal driving?