Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla website and App down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI Everyone,

I wanted to check to see if anyone else is having issues with logging onto their Tesla account or app? I tried logging into the app to see what my battery level was and it asked me to enter my password, I enter it, but it says my ID and password does not match which was weird. I then tried logging into my account on my pc and that did not work either. I tried then resetting my password. It asked me for my email address and it said that there is no account with that email address. I was shocked. I then tried to register a new account and entered my email address and then it said that email address is already being used?? If there is no account with that email address then how is it also being used??

I recently sold my house (4/30/20) which had Tesla Solar panels on it. I hope that they did not transfer my car or cancel my account while transferring the panels to the new home owner....UGH!!!

Last edited:
Did it force you out of the app? When I here people locked out that didn't sign out I think hacked accounts...

Some of us are still in.
Not sure I understand what you mean by forced out. When i clicked on the app, it just asked me for my password. The same thing happened quite some time ago and I just entered my password and everything was cool. When it happened this morning, I thought it was a little odd but since it happened before, I did not think too much about it and just entered me password only to discover that it said that my user ID and password don't match or something like that.

UPDATE: now I am able to log in, but it says that "sign-in failed there are no products linked to your Tesla account".

So obviously I was not entering an incorrect password. Maybe they are updating my account and removing the solar panels from my account??

Not sure I understand what you mean by forced out. When i clicked on the app, it just asked me for my password. The same thing happened quite some time ago and I just entered my password and everything was cool. When it happened this morning, I thought it was a little odd but since it happened before, I did not think too much about it and just entered me password only to discover that it said that my user ID and password don't match or something like that.

UPDATE: now I am able to log in, but it says that "sign-in failed there are no products linked to your Tesla account".

So obviously I was not entering an incorrect password. Maybe they are updating my account and removing the solar panels from my account??

I am getting the same error message, and can't log into my account.

So many advantages to a centrally connected car, but when this happens it really sucks.

I park my car 2 miles from my home to get a free charge over night. I get my daily excercise walking to get it in the morning. My first thought was sophisticated thieves finally figured out how to steal my Tesla.

At lease I know now to bring my key when I walk.

I think it is back up and working...I am able to get into my app and also see my car. I am also able to log into my account and see my car. I think it was to update my account as I no longer see the solar panels on the app but on the website, it still shows the panels, but when I select it, I get a spinning circle...thank god!

Reactions: Dadiggaman